What is the status of 590 NU plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter Icem@n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,298

Icem@n

ISP
MTNL
Hi, I'm another victim of MTNL's confusion. I was planning to apply for a Night Unlimited plan, and went to the exchange. The form which they gave me was an old one, and it had 590 NU as an option. I applied for it, and got it. I checked later on my account details, and found that my account details on MTNL website shows DSL_TRIB_RS590_NU as my plan. I downloaded heavily (some 3GB) in the night unlimited period (0000-0800) within 3 days after properly switching off and on the modem at the critical times (0000, 0800 hrs). Some kind soul informed me that 590NU has been discontinued, and replaced by 849 NU. So I checked my usage details, and sure enough, all my downloads had been accounted for. When I called up the exchange, they were asking me whether I was sure my account was 590 NU. I asked to check it in their own records.. and they haven't responded since... :wall::wall::wall:1. Does it show the data downloaded in the usage details during NU period for 849NU guys too?2. If 590NU is discontinued, why the hell do they still allot it, and then charge full rates during NU period? They should upgrade it to 849NU, or at least reject the application when I gave it to them...3. Why the hell do they not change their form on their website...😡

RU sure the night-unlimted perios is 0000--0800; For BSNL, it is 0200--0800.

Dude I too have the 590NU and got it just after it was closed. Basically my application was old and they had not come around to activating my connection before they discontinued the plan.I have had no such prob so far. What that means is that either your comp clock is not in sync with the MTNL server orthey haven't activated your night unlimited option at all at their endContact the GM in your area...that seems to be the only way to get things done...Incidentally what is the speed you're getting? Asking this because 590NU is a 256K line and 890 is 2 mbps

Hi Doc, my clock is in sync with the MTNL server, as all my downloads have started post 0000 as per their logs... . I guess the unlimited option itself isn't activated yet... does it shows the data downloaded during the unlimited period for you guys too, and finally they don't take it into account during billing.. or the data downloaded during NU period is missing for you guys when you check their logs...Also.. I get around 1.7 Mbps during NU periods.. atleast on weekdays.. weekends are slower.. is it the case with all of you as well?

Even if you are on 849 NU plan, ur downloads should not be charged.Are u an @a user ?? If yes, then it accounts for ur night usage also. Don't worry, it wont add up to ur bill.

hi dark_horizon.. I am indeed an @a user... you sure that it won't add the night usage in the bill... I need to be very sure before i go on a downloading spree! 🙂 Thanks for clearing my doubts though!

This plan is not currently offered.So even if u manage to select 590 Nu in the old form but still they r not gonna activate it.

This plan is not currently offered.So even if u manage to select 590 Nu in the old form but still they r not gonna activate it.

Hi Motorazr.. I know that this plan is not currently offered.. but they have given it to me (I can see the plan name when I check my usage logs) and they are showing Night downloads in the usage logs..

So what plan am I on? and Do @a users with NU plans have night downloads in their usage logs, but its not counted in the bill finally?

Yes, i am also @a user. My accounted usage shows 15 GB, but actually, in daytime, i have downloaded only about 200 MB.Its a bug since the last 15 days. I complained to MTNL, they said, it wont add up in the bill.Make sure, whenever you check ur usage, download its csv file, so that if at all, they bill you for it, you can show them the download sessions at night. For more information check - 'No access to usage information' thread.

Hera are your options.1) Go to the local MTNL office. Talk cleverly not rudely and tell them that if they charge you for your downloads you will take it up with the higher authorities. Check in the forum for for the GM number. Keep it handy with you in case you need it.2) Tell them to convert your plan to the recent night unlimited one if its already not done. 3) In case you are going to bite them , bite them hard. Make sure they realize their mistake. MTNL is a good internet service but the sarkari babus are a shit to deal with.

Yes I think its a @ user problemMy usage does not get logged in the NU period.Motorazor I know 3 ppl who have got the 590NU plan even after disconnection so its possiblleAs for the speed it hovers around 1.7-2 which is lucky since 590 is actually a 256 k connectionCheers:yahoo: