What is the point of talk time recharge packs?

ISP
Excitel
What is the point of talktime recharge packs like rs 10/20/500/5000. They don't give validity/data/sms. people who recharge with packs get unlimited calling. so why are these packs still there??

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
My house help use it to call his family in Nepal. Have told him tens of times to send a smartphone there so that he can call online but apparently Internet connectivity is still very poor in his village so he has to make isd calls.

shantam2005

IrRegulars
ISP
Maha Mediacom
I call my friends in the US using Jio talktime balance. Call charges are 50p/min. Discovered this accidentally one day when I called a friend through the regular dialer instead of Whatsapp and he pointed out that I've become quite rich to make a 40-50 min ISD call :p

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
Right, we should try & reach them on landline when possible. But I suppose a lot of the providers do not have an alternate option.

I do remember the dumb me unknowingly calling the rewards platform "payback" 1860 number for an extra charge put on me. I was put on hold a couple of times & call went on for ~15 minutes - and the cost of which came close to the charge which I was enquiring about - making it a double expense.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
Most banks are switching - a lot of financial institutions in fact. The basic idea seems to be - the issue better be worthy enough for you to spend more money , for whatever enquiry you have.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
Lol - they have a landline number for abroad people and 1860 for local.

I suppose 1860 won't work from abroad and hence they need a local number. Good to note.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
yeah, indusind advertise 1860 number for support but they have a landline number on their website which i use.

yW8waTy.webp

Tata Sky has both 1800 and 1860 but their tv ui only shows the 1860 number i believe.