What is the max alcohol stocking limit for personal use statewise?

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,898
Telegram as in offline / paper one? (I thought it died few months back)

Telegram as in mobile app (I thought you did not want smart mobile!)

PS: Btw congratulations on 1000 posts!

Don't know how recent but got this from the source below..should be in the vicinity..

Delhi excise possession limit : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Liquor being an exciseable article can not be stored by a person like any general commodity. Possession limit has therefore been prescribed. Any individual person can possess at his residence alcoholic beverages within the prescribed limit for bonafide consumption by him and by members of his family or his guests. The present possession limit is given below: -

Foreign liquor whether imported or made in India : 18 litres

Beer/wine (mild drinks) whether imported or made in India : 36 litres

Cider : 9 litres

Country liquor : 3 litres

Note : An individual is allowed to carry one unsealed bottle of 750 ml. while entering into the National Capital

Territory of Delhi from other States.

forgot to ask dad. he is out of town today. would check with him tonight if i remember.
why don't you write a rti to the excise department and get all the required info in writing for proof?

83b500778afbb95f10b7f7a9f29bf561.jpg

Don't know still of the private possession limit in haryana but got above from haryana's excise policy and one can pay 2000 or 200 for life and annually respectively to get a license to stock the above quantities

I think this is for day to day consumption.

I wonder what people with wine cellars do with these limits.

Brewing beer at home without license is I guess out of the question?

Think for wine cellars and the likes one would have to apply for a separate license seeking permission to stock above the prescribed limits.Think brewing at home without license is illegal.
Though have seen many home brewing kits (micro breweries) readily available on the net