• Thread starter Thread starter beekeys
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,908

beekeys

Regular
ISP
bsnl/reliance
My village is situated 6kms to city exchange which is Urban, but one exchange which is 2kms from my village is Rural. I choose the home combo plan limited 850 with a speed of 1mbps which never reach to me (only 256kbps). BSNL told me that its not possible for 6kms and will never gonna to get more then 256kbps as BSNL policy only for 3kms. The rural exchange of 2kms has good speed but I am connected only with this city exchange and there is no line to connect to 2kms rural exchange. When I asked the BNSL people to shift my plan to "Rural USOF BB Plans (Limited /Unlimited) for Rural Home & All Rural", they told me I am not in rural zone and this plan is for rural and not for urban. I am suffering between rural and urban defenition. Anybody can help me as in original I m in rural but suffering being attached to urban zone. Waiting somthing fruitful replies from experts.

Aah ! Bsnl employees again at their usual stuff, they only know excuses not how to work ! Urban and rural becomes a confusion at most places definitely. Here in such cases, It is seen from which telephone exchange is your telephone line coming, is it a rural or urban ?As in my case, my telephone exchenge is rural as i am in a village, but we don't get broadband activated from my telephone exchange as they don't do anything related to broadband here except maintining the wires. Everything like broadband activation, plan change or any request related to broadband is handled at the Urban Telephone exchnge which is 18 kms from my place(as my rural exchange comes under that exchange). First confirm which exchnges lines is coming to your house. If it is coming from the Urban exchnge then they will certainly not activate the rural plans on it. But if it comes from the rural exchnge and they are not giving rural plans just becoz activation is doen at urban one thats no excuse.Exchanges have their already fixed bounaries/places where they can give connection or not. Like if your area is defined as a part of the Urban exchange than rural exchange won't give connection however close they may be compared to the Urban exchnage.There is no such rule of broadband only upto 3 kms, but there is this assumption that they can't guarantee speeds of 2mbps or above when distance increases from 3 kms. So it will be totally dependable on the attainable rate of your line which is shown in your modem.

Many thnx for your reply and info u provided. The line is coming from Urban exchange. Modem shows attainable rate 306kbps downstream and 600kbps upstream. If even BSNL knows the attainable rates don't know how they agreed me to give 1mbps speed plan of 850 combo limited. Here one more important thing i just discovered, my bill shows "Plan General-Rural-1000-29999" ballah ballah, is it mean I fall in some semi rural according to Tele Bill? Sorry for poor english please.