What if somebody gets my Tel/No and CA/No ?

• Thread starter Thread starter technotrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 21,043

technotrix

I had been wondering if there is any possibility of missusing somebodies login details on the ADSL account. One has to simply visit the "register.mtnl.net.in" and put the following login details to see your usage . What if somebody gets your Telephone_number and your CA_number ?. Can that person do harm to your ADSL Account or missuse your Identity..... OR in other words what else can he do with your Login details ( TEL_No & CA_No) ?????RegardsTechnoTrix

Yes, if a person knows your Tel and CA nos. he can login into the MTNL website using your credentials, and access your account. He can also connect to the internet using your MTNL account, and you will be billed for it !

That is why MTNL strongly recommends changing the default password (i.e. your CA no.), as soon as you get your connection.

See the following section - "How to change password of Broadband Account ?" in the MTNL Triband User Guide for the steps to change your password:
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/internetservices...ewuserguide.pdf

Ten points for smartness...........................out of a billion B) well that's primarily the reason why you're supposed to change your login password in the first place........................................................And in case your wondering you're wondering about the router password............ yes you should change that tooAnd Don't forget to change your login password in the router too..... once you change it on the MTNL site that is...

Originally posted by (S)aint@Feb 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Ten points for smartness...........................out of a billion B)
I hope you weren't referring to me 😛

Originally posted by mario_a@Feb 28 2006, 05:55 PM
I hope you weren't referring to me 😛
[snapback]43151[/snapback]
[/quote]

No re.....
just tryin to provide comic relief 😀

If somebody gets your tel no and ca no?Two words: You're Screwed.

Originally posted by vishalj@Feb 28 2006, 06:11 PM
If somebody gets your tel no and ca no?
Two words: You're Screwed.

Yes, but not if you've already changed your password 🙂

if someone gets hold of CA no, that person can login as you and inflate data transfer figures. Even if you change your password, it gets reset to CA no whenever there is some issue with MTNL 🙁

I agree with netfreak, it happened with me. I changed my password, including creation of email, secret question etc. on the very first day and second day it was not accepting. So I tried my CA number and it was working. LOL.1 more thing can somebody explain how i am billed? I have TriB200 at my place.

Originally posted by netfreak@Feb 28 2006, 07:03 PM
Even if you change your password, it gets reset to CA no whenever there is some issue with MTNL 🙁

Does MTNL send you some sort of notification when they do this ?

Originally posted by mario_a@Mar 1 2006, 12:29 AM
Does MTNL send you some sort of notification when they do this ?
[snapback]43186[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are expecting too much from Sarkari Babus

FOOL You doesn't seems Professional!!!"register.mtnl.net.in" and put the following login details to see your usage . They Keep Track of which Ip is checking the Acc usage!If u happen to check 2 Acc then you are F*cked!

@ rightnow ..nobody is a fool please be a little restrained.

And MTNL doesnt keep track of ur IP.

(netfreak @ Feb 28 2006, 07:03 PM)
Even if you change your password, it gets reset to CA no whenever there is some issue with MTNL sad.gif [/b]

That happens ONLY in mumbai. I have been using Triband in Delhi since july last year and not once has my password been reset to the CA number.

Another unique feature that u mumbaiiites have the pleasure of having is the golden hour. We dont get it here..even if the Data recording server of MTNL gets screwed up, its for a short duration only.

Originally posted by mario_a@Feb 28 2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, but not if you've already changed your password  🙂
[snapback]43156[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually changing password to something else does not help. We are at a bigger risk since anybody can sniff your transfer( conditions apply) and if they are lucky when u r logging onto register.mtnl.net.in then they can find your username and password(yes the latest one also). This is all the more easy since login is NON-SSL currently and thus ur username/password is transfered in plain text.