• Thread starter Thread starter coolbuddyin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,369

coolbuddyin

Regular
ISP
dataone
What if a cable operator (mso in a town) takes signal from dish tv DTH platform for one or two channels and gives those those channels to its customers

best known by me, cheating case will be imposed on him according to ipc section 420. he will be prosecuted under criminal offense😡 even it is one or hundred channels 😉

in other words... he should not take one channel... he should take all the channels... :cool2:

lol. the problem wud be that if he is stealing signal from some1 else's account, that poor customer wud be ruined of connection and nothing wud be problem to cable op.something similar to what Tata Sky did to some1 in this forum.

MSO's usually gets a license from TRAI for downlinking the video + audio (like FM) from satellites and then retransmission of these channels.Usually, MSO used to downlink channels through C-Band which is very reliable as compared Ku-Band (D' DTH band).If a channel is FTA, then MSO can downlink and re-transmit it w/o any issue, but for paid channels MSO or anyone has to pay channel or bouquet amount to the broadcaster.But the issue why shud any MSO will use channel through Tata Sky's as it will have tata sky's logo on it.

See if it takes signal from any dishtv/Tata Sky that means he is cheating and its just a crime...for that he should be punished....because that leads to piracy in other words....i think if you find any thing in your area then immediately report the concerned person...or file complaint or inform customer care about that.

they are paid ones ,these hav dish tv logo on themhe is telling,he has subscription of these channels and he can do like that !!!,:huh::huh:

they are paid ones ,these hav dish tv logo on them
he is telling,he has subscription of these channels and he can do like that !!!,
:huh::huh:

I agree they have paid connection...but they have taken those connection for their home purpose and not public purpose....if they are doing so they are cheating with the society....and leads to piracy....in that case just immediately report to customer care with full details....if you remember a few days back both dishtv/ Tata Sky are showing scrolls on their channels about the same ....if you remember its the time when India-eng matches were there.

My MSO (Siti Cable) broadcasts Total TV via dish TV.................but I think he has the permission from Dish TV as both DISH TV and Siti CAble are owned by Zee

DTH service is not meant for cable fellows. Any signal received via DTH cannot be rebroadcast. It is only for the end consumer - be it for home/ private use or for use in businesses such as Hotels etc.

Sometimes back same was the case with my cablewallah. He used to show some of the channels in Sony bouquet from DishTV. This was going on for over a month. These channels are not free channels I am talking about. They were AXN and Set Max.

i saw some scrolling in Sony bouquet few days backs that he is having dues,and transmission will be stopped,but he is giving cnbc tv18/ndtv profit in that bouquet thru dish till today(today he stopped this one n giving normally),but he is giving another one,even he used to give dd regional channel thru dish tv few weeks back ,but prasar bharthi clearly states that dd national ,dd news and dd saptagiri (regional)(in ap) in prime band,and that to signal from dish antenna not by terrestrial modehe is not giving dd news in prime band either (some time he will skip it)even i guess FTA cant be rebroadcast thru this way