What happens to bundled Hotstar Premium and Amazon Prime after one year on BSNL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter doctorhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,781
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber 100 Mbps (Getting 300Mbps+)
Hello! I am using BSNL Broadband plan of superstar 300GB+ and under that I had activated my free Hotstar premium and Amazon Prime membership for free last year in October. Since it is going to get over this year in a week or so. I would like to know will BSNL provide me that services again for free again or I will be paid for these services in my bill? If I have to pay for that I need to cancel these free services for free. How would I have to do that in BSNL? Please HELP!

@doctorjain I think there is a mis-understanding regarding Hotstar. It was not activated for a year, the link you referred to was basically to change your plan itself, and not really to activate Hotstar.

Hotstar is bundled for free with Superstar 300 as long as you are on that plan. There is no yearly or any sort of charge. 😅

@Sudarshan61 You don't have to do anything, it is activated by default. Just login to Hotstar with the registered mobile number, you should see Hotstar premium.
Currently mine showing 4 October 2020 expirey as I activated through some link last year. What will happen after 4 Oct? Will they extend plan every month on that registered number of I need to give the number again for this new offer.

Upvote 0
@varkey Thanks, is there a difference in type of Hotstar account offered between superstar 300 v/s superstar 500? Or is it just the data cap part?
Customer care said in Superstar 300 you will get VIP for a month and in Superstar 500 the hotstar premium.

Upvote 0
Currently mine showing 4 October 2020 expirey as I activated through some link last year. What will happen after 4 Oct? Will they extend plan every month on that registered number of I need to give the number again for this new offer.

If you had checked last month it would have shown expiring on September 4, 2020 😆 I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand when we are saying that Hotstar premium is bundled with the plan and you'd get it as long as you are on the plan. There is no extra charge for it.

There is no NEW offer, it was always a bundled offer where the plan was activated for each month and is extended as long as you remain on that plan.

Customer care is clueless as usual.

Upvote 0
If you had checked last month it would have shown expiring on September 4, 2020 😆 I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand when we are saying that Hotstar premium is bundled with the plan and you'd get it as long as you are on the plan. There is no extra charge for it.

There is no NEW offer, it was always a bundled offer where the plan was activated for each month and is extended as long as you remain on that plan.

Customer care is clueless as usual.
No, it is showing going to expire in Oct 2020 since I activated last year for an year with that offer and so is my Amazon prime.
It's a new offer now, previously it was bundled with both Amazon Prime and hotstar premium that I activated with a link, that time it was for all users above 745 rupees bb plans. Now the offer is only of hotstar premium and that is only for superstar plans. My free BSNL annual amazon prime offer is still working and will be over in November. Anyways let's see what it will do after 4 Oct on hotstar. Thanks!

Upvote 0