What happens to BSNL Bharat Fiber plans after 29th Dec 2020?

• Thread starter Thread starter thakki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 7,038
NIXI peering is senseless right now . They are no "big players" whose traffic measures in Tbps like AWS, Fastly, Netflix, Cloudflare, Google, Limelight, etc
Though it connects later via Tata route . Direct peering is yet to be established
NIXI opened their peering program for Content providers very recently , so it will take time.

One of the serious issues BSNL still has got is slowness in getting things done either for the costumers of for themselves. Now people are interested in their plans, but their infra is incapable of handing this. Now any upgrade of infra to support may take many months and by that time frustrated customers would leave.

For example, I wanted to change my plan when these plans were introduced initially. I applied for plan change from customer portal, waited for 4 days. Nothing happened! I walked to nearest CSC. They were not aware of these plans. Luckily I shared them the plan from portal ( that a layman never understands). One of the youngsters there was smart enough to locate the plan in their internal notification. Here comes the next problem, I was one of the initial customers of FTTH in my area and had change my landline number. Now they want to change that again to get internet plan effected ! Being a technical person myself I know that this is not required. I walked to higher official, then he mentioned that it is not required. He made a call to the other person and that for sorted out. I finally got my plan changed after 2 days. Then came other issue. The old modem port support only 100 Mbps ! Then I got my modem changed after going through similar steps ! If anyone has got patience to go through all these steps can enjoy BSNL service. It is like someone using old Royal Enfield. One has to be mechanic themselves 😌.

Bsnl do stupid thing i agree , many issue i got .
1. Uploaded speed getting around 7-10mbps max even on fiber value and ultra plan. talked to them like 10 times for last 2 months without any solution
2. I asked for dual band router , they installed it but provided me with 100mbps max speed Huwai 850g router ( which is one worst out there i think since firmware of this shit is like 12 year old and no new firmware to be found anywhere).
3. Recently getting major ping issue of 95-120ms for last 1 day.

I have been using the fiber value plan and I have no internet from today morning . I dont know if its because the plan is no longer available or its just an issue from BSNL side. I have stable PON light . Will contact the LCO now