What happens if we do NOT surrender the Router and also NOT subscribe to one of the plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter MSR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,521

MSR

ISP
JioFiber
What happens if we do NOT surrender the Router and also NOT subscribe to one of the plans?

1) If we surrender the router, Fixed number will be released and Jio will take the router back and return the deposit amount after some days.

2) If we subscribe to some plan,
2a) we will avail the services as per the plan upto the specified validity date.
2b) After the specified validity date we will be on 1 Mbps speed with the same assigned fixed voice Number without outgoing call facility. For the sake of continuity, Fixed number and incoming calls will be allowed)
2c) When we renew, we will be back to 2a)

3) If we do not do either ( we are in this stage presently)
We are currently in the Fixed voice plan of preview offer (The triple play plan is one that may not come at all as LCOs are being offered that segment of business.)

Our Jio FixedVoice plan initially had a validity upto 4th Sept, after which till date has unspecified validity (A dash in that column) with a message indicating that the current facility will continue after the commercial roll out till we subscribe to some plan.

We are getting gentle request messages to subscribe to a plan to continue to avail the plan benefits. We are also getting not so gentle alerts that if we do not subscribe to some plan, our outgoing calls will be stopped. This will be the end of preview offer.

At this time when it happens, we may be put on 1 Mbps speed and without outgoing calls (Incoming calls may be allowed as the phone number continues to be alloted). For us if the fixed number is released, it will be a pain and chances of our returning to Jio to take another fixed number will be less and it will be permanant loss of a potential customer to Jio also. For the sake of continuation of the fixed number (With no Number portability) we will be stuck with Jio and with the difficulty of onboarding a customer, more so with the current plans (No Trippe play), Jio may continue to provide 1 Mbps speed, same Fixed number and free incoming facility. If this is so, it will be return gift from Jio for not returning the router and taking the money back.

These are just some of my thoughts. Jio may be thinking differently too.
Please share your thoughts of what you think from current stage of "Not Surrendered and Not Renewed".

In your point 2b), you have mentioned that after the validity date, speed will be 1 Mbps. I don't think so.
After a plan expires, until you recharge with a new plan, your services will be stopped completely (no internet at all and no outgoing calls). Incoming calls might work: don't know about that.
I am telling this based on my last month's experience of JioFiber. (It is the same with Jio's mobile plans). I might be wrong.
My plan was to be expired at 9:30 pm (don't remember the date). I had already recharged with a 30 days 100GB plan. I don't know why but that upcoming plan failed to get activated and at 9:30 my internet stopped completely (not even 1Mbps).
I had to again recharge from the app (during which JioFixed voice got activated and the plan became combo plan) to get my internet running.
So I don't think anyone will keep the router if there is no internet service available on it.
If you have read somewhere about that 1Mbps speed after expiry of plan, please share the link.

In your point 2b), you have mentioned that after the validity date, speed will be 1 Mbps. I don't think so.
After a plan expires, until you recharge with a new plan, your services will be stopped completely (no internet at all and no outgoing calls).

Sorry, I stand corrected. 1 Mbps speed was after use of permitted data, till end of validity. Thanks for pointing out.