What happens if I stop recharging DTH for 3-4 months ?

anilsethi04

Regular
Regulars
As the title suggests - I'd like to know what happens if I stop recharging My videocon dth for some months.As i busy with computer no time to feed TV, only see cricket matches :Boy hot:so my question is.......1.What happens if I stop recharging DTH for 3-4 months ? 2.So they won't call me asking for their dish back or anything ?3. Will i have to call them and to told them to stop the service for 3 months or auto done without calling after zero balance ?plz help.

rajivkrishnan

Regular
Regulars
1. Nothing. Petty penal charges start applying for disbanded connections. 3-4 months could cost you 70-100 bucks for reconnection.2. Why should they? You will screw their ad campaigns.3. Auto-done. Your STB wont be able to unscramble signals.

I had stopped recharging my Airtel DTH when I shifted from Kolkata to Delhi. They called me incessantly for the next 3-4 months & my reply was i will recharge when I go back. After 5-6 moths, they were like "If you don't recharge, we will take back dish..bla bla bla". And my reply was "really? do whatever you want". Have not received any calls since then. Peace :D. And in between, went to Kolkata for 10 days, did a recharge of 200 bucks out of which 20 was deducted as reconnection fees & I could enjoy watching for 10 days or so till the balance ran out. So, all cool :) ...

pujaari

Regulars
Thanks abhirup. Was precisely looking for the same info.. Have a place in the hills where I visit once a year and got tatasky installed last year…