What happens after service expiry?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 15,616
I did a Rs. 148 recharge last month for data and I’m left with 12.5 GB right now. Validity of the main pack expires in three days, so if I recharge today, would the data get carry forwarded?

My Airtel number’s expiry is today. Incoming is likely to be active for another 7 days. I just want to keep the number. No incoming required. May I keep the number by recharging (for example) 60 days from now for ₹99?

As far as i know. No number will be deactivated permanently from a customer till at least 90 days. So, you may keep recharging the number once in two month to retain the number. Yes, 99 Rs recharge does work, with which you get some talktime, and also you get calling facility.

Thanks. I just realised that I have another Airtel sim that wasn't recharged for nearly 30 days. So, I am going to test that in a month from now. Fingers crossed.

What happens to the main balance or the talktime after service expiry? Anyone knows?
Can it be retained over a time without an active pack?

Got it. So, to keep a number active, a customer needs to remember recharging the 99 Rs. pack once in few days.
If one forgets for 90 days in continuous, the number might well disappear from customer's name (SIM active).

Telecom Operators

Thanks. I just realised that I have another Airtel sim that wasn't recharged for nearly 30 days. So, I am going to test that in a month from now. Fingers crossed.
Someone must have recharged my inactive number by mistake. It got 1GB of data with 2 days of expiry remaining as of this writing. I can't find that transaction in Airtel app, though. Strange. Anyway, this SIM was used previously only for data. I checked for life in it, it did work as expected. It could receive SMS too. So, the SIM is active. Might keep the number by using 99 pack every 3 months going forward.