What DTH to get?

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Y dont u call him up instead? That wud be better. Few people have said that he is not responding to emails.But i may b wrong, coz he might be ignoring some less important mails! This has to be important, as its involving sales!

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Haha, me too!! I try my best to finish matters without calling, as far as possible! :D

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
No issues for us. I have been facing 1 issue since quite some time & finally some solid work is being done to rectify it. lets see how it gets solved. But others arent facing that issue......

MonsterBallsofDoom

Crotch Shot Expert
Regulars
Jul 18, 2011
get videocon , i think once espn hd launches for tata sky, hd channels will not look great(although better than sd) . d2h is getting all hd channels according to what i've read on various forums .

ShaQ.Blogs

Regulars
Sep 13, 2011
I'm a newbie, currently have Dish (SD only) and looking for a new connection for my new HDTV (Prefer HD only). I have heard Tatasky & Airtel are among the better ones.
Correct me if I am wrong here...I was told Tatasky & Airtel provide True HD and with 5.1 audio while others dont. I know videocon provides most HD channels, but what about its quality compared to Airtel & Tatasky, and do these videocon HD channels provide 5.1 audio? I have heard that it dosent and that Videocon is not that great - comparatively....and was suggested to opt one of Airtel / Tatasky. What about the services, channel quality, ect?

get videocon , i think once espn hd launches for tata sky, hd channels will not look great(although better than sd) . d2h is getting all hd channels according to what i've read on various forums .
Why do you say that its HD channels wont look great once another channel is added?

rajivkrishnan

Regular
Regulars
Nov 14, 2008
well unless ts solves its transponder issues, no point going in for it. Only plus on the TS DVR is the extra drive space. I have the whole KBC/Terra Nova/Bigg Boss recorded and around 6 HD English flicks. I still have 43pc of disk space left.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
I have heard that it dosent and that Videocon is not that great - comparatively....and was suggested to opt one of Airtel / Tatasky. What about the services, channel quality, ect?

Well if u r concerned about PQ, then check out these threads:

HD Channels of D2h......http://broadbandforum.in/videocon-d2h-dth/72246-videocon-d2h-hd-channels-pics/

SD channels in HD boxes of D2h......http://broadbandforum.in/videocon-d2h-dth/72248-videocon-d2h-sd-channels-mega/

If u think this is not upto the mark, then its completely ur call.

Next on AQ, well few users who used TS/Dish/Airtel before say they prefer D2h over the others, and some say the other way round. I reckon u have an experience of all the DTH u shortlist, at their dealers, and see for urself as to which one suits ur likes.

@ Rajiv......

U have recorded so much, thats good. But apart from Flicks, do u watch the other shows over & over again? Dont u get fed up of seeing the same stuff repetitively?

rajivkrishnan

Regular
Regulars
Nov 14, 2008
hmm... well Terra Nova i guess has my vote for repeat value. KBC/BB not so much. Actually I have such an idiotic schedule that I end up missing both these shows(FYI, the only two hindi shows I watch) which I usually catch up late night. The idea that I was sending across to admin was it has a kind of set it on record and forget amount of space you know.