What does sify mean by 512kps??

• Thread starter Thread starter ranju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,583
As per my experience it all depends on Cable wallahs..I had bad experience with Sify. first was worst, but once I changed the connection m enjoying it to fullest.The maximum downtime has been only few hours in the last few months and I get pure speed. :yahoo:

Dump Sify. Reliance Wireless is better than Sify.😛

256 Kbps = 256 Kilo Bits Per Second = 32 Kilo Bytes Per Second = 32KBps (note the change of case)

With your plan you should get about 32KBps download speed in the day and 64KBps at night.

Hey this is the correct information, we often confuse 'Kbps' for 'KBps', note that small 'b' in Kbps means Bits & capital 'B' in KBps means 'Bytes'.

Hence 8 bits = 1 Byte.
Therefore 256 Kb = 32 KB.

When it comes to internet 'Bits' is used as a value for measuring speed of the connection, but when we talk about data in computer terms we generally use 'Bytes' as in KB, MB, GB etc...

For more info check article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobit
refer to the last line where it says 'Kilobit (abbreviated to kb with a lower case b) is sometimes confused with the term kilobyte (abbreviated to kB or KB with an upper case B)'

Your Specs: C2D E6750 2.66 Ghz @ 1333 Mhz | XFX 680i Nvidia Chipset | Cooler Master eXtreme Power Duo 600 W PSU | Antec 900 Cabinet | and then 8600GT - 512 MB GPU (DDR2)?? You should have got for something better. 😛

Your Specs: C2D E6750 2.66 Ghz @ 1333 Mhz | XFX 680i Nvidia Chipset | Cooler Master eXtreme Power Duo 600 W PSU | Antec 900 Cabinet |

and then 8600GT - 512 MB GPU (DDR2)?? You should have got for something better. 😛

I actually took it as a backup & was planning to procure a 8800 from US for just over 18k a few months ago but my plan failed due to a lot of reasons & now here i'm stuck with 8600 series card, but now the wait is for the gx280 series prices to come down; in a short while i would again upgrade my proc & gpu aswell...:yahoo:

sounds like a good plan :thumbsup: but 280 or 260 are the best price/peformance ratio. 🙂

listen...thr is no such plans as 400 mb day n 512 kbps unlimited at night at that cost...rather there is an unlimited plan of rs.1299 that says u get 256 kbps speed in the daytime ans 512 kbps at night.another one is night unlimited 512 kbps which works only in the night.so..i prefer u check your sify account details from your sify bb client and see wat plan u r using.if u say its D4NL,it is of 256 kbps=32 kBps max. speed...........