What do people did with their old DSL routers?

• Thread starter Thread starter paresh2020
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,161
ISP
AirTel
Hi all,
I am the Airtel Broadband user since long time. so I have with me now 2 DSL routers D-Link 2750U and Netgear N150. Since last one year I started using Fiber connection Plan. I just wonder if any of these router of any use to me now or in future considering Airtel will provide only Fiber connection across India now. If anyone have used any of those routers and later moved to Fiber connection, have you thrown away those routers or by any way using them in your home?

I have Nokia G-140W-F router at home.
Please guide.

I have treated as scrap all my old modems both DSL and dial-up except 1. And that one is the Asus DSL-AC68 which I intend to use as an AP. The rest is e-junk and will be sent to a waste processing centre. This post just reminded me to get on it and get rid of accumalated junk.

Upvote 0
I had a few, one pretty new still. Just few days after i got the modem, Airtel changed over to V-Fiber, which required a different ONT. Thats still there in the cupboard. While some older ones, i think i threw it out.

Upvote 0
I had a Huawei Airtel ADSL router, with a maximum connection speed of 24 Mbps. I called airtel and asked them to collect it but nobody came or called, so i ended up disposing it off along with my other e-waste like old cables and chargers, old remotes.
Seems like an era of technology has passed, right from feature phones(the OG Nokia), BSNL/Airtel ADSL connection(i remember internet would get disconnected if someone called on the landline😂), windows XP(that nostalgic welcome sound) to useful innovations like smartphones, FTTH broadband, windows 11 and much more. I never thought that technology would upgrade so fast. I was born in 2000 so it happened very fast for our generation.

Upvote 0