What Can We Do Together To Improve The Broadband State In India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,342
yes, even i'm shocked about Pakistan and SL...i thought we're way ahead of them 🤔a source would be appreciated...

We are deviating from the topic here. It doesnt matter whether it's Lanka or Pakis getting a better deal. The whole point as raised by "pupudada" here is that in terms of the pro rata basis (i.e. dollar- rupee terms) we are getting a real raw deal. I have been thinking really hard about filing the Right to Information act. I need the help from a lawyer- someone who can decode the legalese and help me to file for an information. On the contrary, we can all form an association- band together and file for the information together. I am serious about it. Should it be registered? The registration process on it's own is not without some of it's attendant hassles though. We need to prove our locus standi in the court (I think so- I may be wrong here). Otherwise, each one of us can file for the information in his/ her individual capacity. On the other hands, is filing for the information right step? Should we mass email TRAI/ Department of Telecom and protest? Or ask them as to why they are not allowing the Broadband to really take off? Unlimited should be the norm and it makes no sense to have data caps which make no sense. Unless of course, the morons want to monitor each bloody byte in and out of your system. Ideas. Bounce off some ideas guys. I am impatient. I need solutions and not what the other countries are doing to their broadband and make me even more frustrated at the lack of our pace. Cheers

Few things regarding airtel.1. they give night double speeds only to a few cities in the north and few other places. 2. they are giving out 512kbps unlimited for 900 bucks a month to only new customers. they are conducting "marketing research" for the existing customers and will make us aware "if" there are any upgrades available.3. the 2mbps connections they are giving out are a joke, bcoz who the hell would wanna pay 900 bucks for 3GB? 😵Conclusion: Airtel plans are not uniform throughout the country, can they even be allowed to do that?Bottom line: WE NEED FASTER UNLIMITED CONNECTIONS! LETS MASS MAIL TO THAT MR. MARAN! 😱Thanks for the link coolbuddy, i just sent him a message.

MASS EMAIL = MASS INBOX DELETE = WASTE OF TIMEEmails won't work, they're not worth a damn now. We need to get in their faces and crush Narrowband out of India.Is Mr.Maran the incharge of the Narrowband department? Was he the one who said 2007 will be the year of Broadband in India? If that's right, shame on us consumers and kudos to yet another corrupted Neta in the Government who's playing his card right. He said he'll bring broadband and he did it, he brought 2mbps - But the smartass slapped limits on the plans, not one single unlimited plan, and he got away with it too even after only 2-3 ISP's brought the 2mbps change.Someone needs to bring his quotes from the '2007 year of BB' days, bring some hard statistics that how 2mbps limits are not ideal at all, and that these 256 plans, which are in unlm, are not even enough to stream videos from youtube.com smoothly = etc, compile them - slap them on the papers, let as many people know about it, and take that bastard down to court.If we want to get anywhere, we need to get started and we've got to make sure our efforts don't go waste. And online petitions and email have zero credibility. We can give it a start by pressing the issue on magazines/papers while simulatenously getting the message to him We're no fools to mess with, whom he can lie and get away with.

I don't think the major papers are willing to carry articles that are too critical of the govt. since the govt. is thier biggest supporter in terms of notices posted. So each one of them only says good things, they might bethe ocassional editorial that is critical but thats about it.The biggest problem is the lack of internet penetration, only 3.5% of the country uses the net (at home), which i bet makeup99% of those that are the complaining about the lack of speeds. The vast majority get by by using internet at work or at school.Applying pressure is well and good, i also think mass emailing is prolly a waste of time. For all we know they think it no better than spam..Asking for right to information sounds like an interesting avenue to pursue. Let's explore that one and see how far we get.

maybe emailing to a newspaper would help rather than the IT minister.........

we can also post it here :
http://mytimesmyvoice.indiatimes.com/

they publish the most popular ones evry week

you can write to the editor of the hindu here :
letters@thehindu.co.in

you can write to hindustan times here :
feedback@hindustantimes.com

you can write to indian express here :
editor@expressindia.com

you can air your views here :
http://www.hamradioindia.org/news/submit.php

phew hope this helps

you gotta read this too :
http://www.techtree.com/India/Columns/Broa...-66356-662.html

To an extent, I am willing to agree to the member's perspective that mass emailing would not work to the extent that we expect it to. Unfortunately, it is useless to mail to the media because they would not just bother about a bunch of users fighting for the need to have a "better broadband" experience....Let me find enough time and resources to file for the information on the exact cost of the logistics for BSNL who provides us the Internet connection to us. We can then argue about the cost given to the individual customers and atleast force them to reduce even if they cant provide us higher speeds..

Well I think we could rally in all parts of the country to provide what we are paying for? My friend in Singapore says he gets 100Mbps speeds??? When India is soo close to singapore can't we get atleast 512kbps unlimited speeds?Talking abt other country ISP's I guess is useless... But I can't sleep on hearing that 100Mbps thingi... If only I get to US faster I guess atleast I can surf with speeds like 10 to 20 Mbps....

I have checked out the statistics for the resolution of complaints in the Central Information Commission. The whole structure is designed to keep off the "information" under different guises. While there are some NGO wallahs who sit outside and "protest"- I don't trust those good for nothing morons. Just because the other ISP's in other countries are offering 100 Mbps that alone is not a valid case line. Frankly, even though I am mightily pissed off, it still doesnt make any sense to burn the midnight oil and fight for something that we may not get as yet. I am sounding dejected and tired but I believe that we don't really have a strong case for 2 Mbps unlimited. Unless we as Broadband users multiply in number and give some other concrete proposals. Let me know because I am willing to fight but don't know as yet as to where to start from. Media has to be with us because till the time they don't join us it would be worth nothing. They have the reach. Even though I hate their guts, we still need to reach out to a mass and tell them as to how we are actually being shortcharged in the name of so called "broadband". Unfortunately, the media has dfferent priorties. Pop up any ideas please here. Would be more than appreciated.

yes. you are right. being home broadband users we dont have any valid reason to demand a high speed internet. what are we going to say to the govt..?? we want to download all the softwares for free in torrents..!! and we want to do those things fast..!! lol.

now, the point is who is in need of those mbps lines at present.

its the IT companies.

so what we can try to do at present is to get the IT companies to demand.
some of the things we can try is...

1) those people who work in IT companies and who want high speed internet at their home please convince your companies to form a cartel and demand high speed connections from govt.

2) i dont have any idea

3) i dont have any idea

4) if by our luck most of the big cos join together it is possiblity of building a strong case.

5) think what will happen when people like narayan murthy of infosis and azim premji of wipro start talking about the quality of broadband in india.. MEDIA ATTENTION..

6) any govt will succumb to such powerhouse media glare, they cant ignore it.

7) so if govt or trai gives these telecom providers a green signal to provide a 100 mbps bandwidth to these companies, it is possible to turn the media attention towards home users because the iron is red hot then.

8) at that time reporters will start digging and comparing about prices, so it is possible that the prices may come down too. and since these IT cos will not be using their 100 mbps at all time, the telcom cos will surely pass the unused bandwidth to home users.

( these are just ideas. i dont want any personal reply's on that. WE want IDEAS. not sarcastic replies.)
(BTW i have not checked out if these IT cos are already getting MBPS speeds or not)

Joost. I need a high speed unlimited internet connection so that I can use this legal application.

lol.. i know man, you might even be having a legal XP... and also you are smart enough to use free linux..BTW why dont you try to form a forum directly in co-ordination with ministry of IT. let them put two IAS officers just to reply to our post... LOL !!!