What can be done to improve user experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,414

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This post was basically suggested by a dude on my instant messenger. I have been ranting on the net for long about services around me, which are not very user friendly. And he suggested that in addition to complaining about the lot, I should also ask and discuss what can be done to fix the issues. Now, we are basically not in a position to fix the issues we face dealing with companies. However, we can of course generate a lot of ideas, which can be implemented by people who can actually deliver the goods, which are user friendly and well useful! So, what I would do here is post the problems I face with services I use and how they can be improved upon. And I welcome you to do the same. However, be practical and avoid posting stuff like… I do not like to spend money on SMS. I want a free web service to let me spam out people’s Inbox with SMS for free… Raise the problem; discuss what is wrong with it and how it can be fixed!

The first one related to booking online tickets for movies…PVR Cinemas are the dominating players in this segment in the city I live in. This post discuss the problems with online ticket booking on PVR Cinemas…Thank god, I can book tickets on this picture hall. The problem is that the idiots have a very tedious process of booking tickets. The last time I booked a ticket on PVR, they required me to provide them:1. Credit Card used to purchase the item2. A proof of my identityWorse, they required me to let them take a photocopy of both these items for safety purposes. I find no logical use of this. A credit card with my photo on it is good enough proof that I purchased the ticket online and I came to pick them up.Another problem is that I have doubts I can book a ticket online for let’s say ‘Rang De Basanti’ today. I am ready to pay for it if I can book a ticket for a movie show 9 days from today. Ok, the basic problem is that they might not have decided the show timings for this movie. But, that is not in my hands. I just want 2 tickets for this movie on the release date for any show during the night time. It becomes my problem if I find myself not free at that time. Maybe, let me cancel the booking online at max 2 days before the actual booked date. And cut a small fee as a fine. I am not sure. But it should be possible. How about it Mr. Ajay Bijlee?

A follow-up for the PVR Movies related post…It would also be great to have a version for movie ticket bookings like the MakeMyTrip.com where I can book a ticket for a movie from any of the halls in my area as long as it matches my preferred timing and date schedule!

Users can never be satisfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But atleast we can improve the customer service, if we talk about Dell, HP, IBM, Infosys etc are so much sucessfull only because of their strong customer service

Dell and customer support. bad stories i have heard.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Aug 18 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]58925[/snapback]
Dell and customer support. bad stories i have heard.
[/b]

well the "horse power" thingy was the classic ! heard about it?

i remember the case where a customer just wanted a hub but was sold a commercial level router system for networking two computers at a home.

ok this one is hilarious.There is this tech support rep called dellThe customer had this small problem with his laptop, he wanted to replace the battery but no matter how hard he tried that thing wouldn't budge from its place.He calls this tech support asks him how to get that thing out of its place.The tech support guy tells him to apply some force, he shoots back how much i tried everything.The support guy tells him to hold on, goes to his superior tells him custy has a problem with his battery, who advices him to tell the customer to use 700 horsepowerSupport guy is happy goes and tells the customer to use 700 horsepower...The customer again shoots back, where do i find so many horses, the support guy instantly shoots back Dells accessories page to the customer and asks him to kindly chat with the sales guy. lol

I wish Customer support could use their brain and try out somthing like...Call me/user back (in next 20 mins), when average wait/hold time is more than 3 min.. I hate when my cell starts warming up my ear and I know I been holding too long and increasing my risk on brain tumors... If I do get sick - I will blame !dea cellular for it, by making me wait on cell phone for extended periods time, causing me stress, mental anxiety and thereby causing brain tumors

I don't know if this incident qualifies as 'improving user experience' but here goes - This is to do with shopping on E-Bay India. I recently bought a high value (Rs.10,000 +) MP3 player. Paid using Paisa Pay. After the payment was approved I received a message from EBay saying that they would require me to fax them a xerox of front and back of my credit card to 'verify and authorise' the transaction. I was appalled. Online safety is a huge concern today, but can there be anything more foolhardy than sending a copy of the card which will lie around in files/ on tables where any unscrupulous staff member can then misuse it? Yet, I had no choice but to complete the transaction.Solutions for this problem :1. E Bay can phone the customer (since they have his contact details) to confirm the transaction2. The payment can be made on the secure website of the bank that has issued the card with an additional security measure like E-Pin (Reliance Energy offers this option in bill payment)Even budget airlines while making telephone booking, request credit card number and CVV number, which i find very disturbing. I don't know how anyone can divulge these details over phone in these days of credit fraud..

right... i hate it when grocery stores take down your credit card numbers in their billing systems.i hate it when you give your card to a waiter at a crowded restaurant.and i read in the newspapers that all credit card transactions are supposed to be complete only when the shopkeeper verifies that the signature on the CC slip matches the signature on the back of the credit card. i have not even signed my credit cards and i never had a problem using it!

true..earlier I remember photo credit cards were very popular and you could get a photo card at no extra charge if you were ready to submit a picture...today in the era of 'free for life' cards, no bank speaks of issuing one. BTW does any bank still issue photo cards? I see from your first post in this thread that you have one.

my real old icici credit card has a photo not the recent citibank one.

am supposed to get 2 more. from UTI and HSBC. have not reached at my place yet. have not been told that my application was rejected. 😛

about movie tickets purchase...

http://movietell.co.in/home.aspx is a great site if you are in Delhi NCR.