What can be done to improve user experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 10,421
heh,,, icici denies me the card and won't ship it to me either. though it shows that i am pre-approved to get one in my online account.

One more 'bad user experience' that can be improved I wonder how many others have gone through this experience when dialling call centre of banks/ telcos. The menus are increasingly automated and you have to drill down several levels before you get an option to speak to a cust agent. My experience on Airtel toll free (121) : they have entirely removed the voice option which directs you to 'press 9 to speak to an agent'. I blundered through multiple menu options (none of them helpful). Then I intuitively pressed 9 and got through - purely on luck. Most banks don't have toll free nos. so you waste money. But even on toll free numbers, you waste time (upto 5 minutes before getting cust care) which is worse! The solution : Dunno - what is the telephone equivalent of a site map?Menus definitely need to be shorter and tailored to what actual customer needs are rather than some arbitrary categories. Who will call up a cust care number to find out 'what's new with Airtel?' Why does it have to be a main menu option?

^^That's different for Dolphin. In Dolphin, you have "press 0 to speak to a customer care executive" as the first option after the language selection.

For banks, it helps if you switch to a better bank. In my experience, its practically impossible to speak to a rep in ICICI,HDFC,HSBC,CITI et el without waiting for 5 - 10 mins. On the other hand most EU based banks have done away with this. If you call Stanchart / Deutsche Bank, you will not have to wait fro more then a few seconds.

^ u can add ABN Amro to this list...to the 5-10 min wait list that is...it's really frustrating as most of the times we actually need to talk to human rather than the recorded voice...and yes, as Apoorv said, it's true with MTNL...so there goes one more feather in MTNL's hat 😀

Previous week's experience with MTNL Broadband ServiceI registered a complaint about frequent disconnection, got a call from MTNL Exg on same day in the evening, person took some details about my problem as they always pretend to do. Next day my Line man call and ask me ot check the connection I checked and it works fine for 3-4 hrs now I get a call from exchange at around 3pm regarding the closure of the compt. I replyed my connection is working fine so compt. is now closed. By 5pm on same day connection stops working again. Again I registered a compt. next day again Lineman called fixed the problem connection works fine till evening before compt. was closed. On third day same story continues. Now this the kind of service MTNL gives to the customers who just confined them selfs to simply keep registering compt. on 1504 or via their website.Fix to this problem is, an email is required to be sent to the Area Manager describing the issue, if even this doesn't work then fwd the same mail to the GM if that too doesn't work then I don't know what to do.