What bank would be best for online transaction only bank?

So basically I need to open a new bank account, don't want to visit the branch, everything should be done online.

Please suggest.

I have opened an account in the axis bank, the process takes about 30 minutes, an executive will ask for your PAN card through a video call and approves your KYC process, a digital debit card is given instantly and a physical debit card is given at 500rs I guess. but you have to do an initial finding of 15k min.

I absolutely forgot that I've an SBI savings account. Lol

@Gaurav15 Can I request for a debit card from SBI, online? Because it's a pretty old account, in an active state but I don't have a debit card.

@Nithishsaba Axis levies a lot of charges, don't you think so?

Is there a Similar provison like SBI for Bank of Baroda?
I already have SBI and OBC(PNB).

Axis levies a lot of charges, don't you think so?
Actually i really have no idea regarding that, i was on a verge to open a bank account since my employer needed the account to process the salary. Those guys at ICICI never cared to open me an account even after 50k initial funding.

I don't know, it just feels weird. I would rather use Paytm bank account for casual spending.

Last edited:
Then HDFC I guess is a better option . They just open it through Adhaar card number as I have heard from a friend. Just check on their website.

Though you can keep money in existing SBI without keeping a card and use Netbanking and transfer to Paytm(via IMPS) for daily spends

Last edited:
Yeah, thinking about using SBI itself.

Just checked Paytm payments bank, they offer 6.5% interest on fixed deposits.

@Gaurav15 Can I request for a debit card from SBI, online? Because it's a pretty old account, in an active state but I don't have a debit card.
Yes you can request a debit card online on onlinesbi.com, they will send it to your registered address or you can choose some other address for delivery too. You can get either Mastercard or VISA. If you don't have SBI internet banking account, you will have to register that first on the same website, for that you'll need access to your registered mobile number.

I have an online account for SBI, so that's not a problem. It generally tells me to visit the branch for everything, so I avoid using it. Don't really mind not having a debit card for this account, so no worries.