What are the restrictions while applying for PAN card?

• Thread starter Thread starter dejan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,737

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
My friend applied for my PAN card 2 days ago using my Aadhaar card, and was notified later the same day that I need to wait atleast 6 months after my Aadhaar card has been generated if I use it as an ID proof or Address Proof. Does same restrictions apply for Passport aswell? Anyone knows what these restrictions are and why are they put in to place? People claim that getting Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport is very easy, when its not

Pan is easy. Use from 49/49a to apply. And give your DL and passport. Or ration card or adhaar as a last option.

Where and how did you apply?

Thanks for your reply. My PAN card application is successfully submitted and I'm even able to track its status online

NSDL will send you an email when it Is allotted. Or you can keep checking the NSDL tracking website.

Also the courier company that gives you the pan is usually crap, so track it as soon as you get a tracking ID, and make sure to collect it, otherwise it'll be tough in getting it.

Right now it's showing "Your application is under process at Income Tax Department."

That means it has not been dispatched yet right? When its dispatched, will I be able see PAN generated message on NSDL website?

Nope. This means that they have not allotted you a PAN. Yet.
When it is allotted, you will get an email and the status will update to:
Pan allotted :AXXXX1234X
It'll show you the docket number for the speed post they've sent with the physical card.

The courier company will be crap, and if it's Speed Post, then the guy will ask for some money while handing over the card. :3

Last edited:
Goto Google and type Know Your AO.
There follow the link to the income tax website Ie The I Tax Site
There enter details like PAN and DOB. Your AO's details like Ward, etc will be displayed.

You cannot know your AO until you apply. The AO is usually allotted near the permanent address filled in the PAN.