What are post FUP speeds of Reliance 4G?

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve_1982
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,951
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using post paid 40gb plan in Kerala for Reliance Netconnect+ in Kerala. Currently my speeds are 1 mbps down and 0.5 mbps up and it is around a quarter of that when I use up my 40 GB.

I have ordered the 4g dongle from the reliance website and I am curious to know what are the speeds of Reliance 4g after the FUP limit is reached.

The plans launched this week are not unlimited. Data usage charges after plan benefits is 4p/ 10kb.

When I purchased the internet dongle on the 22nd of June 2016 (last week,) I had the impression that the tariffs would not change. I now feel cheated!

They should delay the forced migration to 4G until Jio launches in December. I might as well try to get Asianet broadband at home than continue with Reliance.

You have an option of Asianet broadband and you're waiting for RCom 4G? I suppose Asianet is pretty good. My cousins in Kerala are quite happy with it.

I only need 36 GB of internet a month and it's been cheaper for me to continue with Reliance than pay for a router and a 40 GB plan from Asianet. I'm still not sure if Asianet services my building for broadband though.

When I purchased the internet dongle on the 22nd of June 2016 (last week,) I had the impression that the tariffs would not change. I now feel cheated!

You were not wrong to have that impression. After all, they promised that to people buying the Wi-Pod.

0c0FrZm.jpg

Well I got my usb dongle about 2 weeks after ordering it. No message about 4g being activated in Kerala. I'm in no hurry to open the package even though it looks clean (couriered by Blue Dart) since most couriered packages in India release a lot of dust when forced open.

Yep, pretty much the same here. They advertise like 3-day or something delivery on their store, but boy was the shipping incredibly slow. And even slower yet is the activation, almost 1 1/2 month and still nothing. I opened the package and now I have a paperweight.

So my 4G is working right now, and within 20 minutes, it ate up 250MB of data. 144kbps post 40GB would be extremely crappy.

It wouldn't be so bad if the additional data packs they had for the 1mbps dongles actually worked (I wasn't able to use a single data pack this year because my dongle would have to be manually foced to slow speed internet after FUP of 40 GB was used).

So my 4G is working right now, and within 20 minutes, it ate up 250MB of data. 144kbps post 40GB would be extremely crappy.

I am 90% sure that we get only 25gb of full speed data and not 40gb. Post 25gb = 144kbps. Btw when you think about it, for high speed 4g internet 25 gb is just nothing. What's the point in giving 50 mbps connection when you give customers mere 25 Gb to use?

btw I LOL ed as much possible when some sites talked about 5G coming soon etc, these telecom's giving 1gb,2gb data, what the hell we do with 5G internet, lose all data in 1h and wait 30 days ?

4G,5G = all market gimmicks, pretty much no use to customers, and its costs so much to people, like rcom forced us to by new data card etc .........

Yep, 25GB at 4G speeds for dongle users is nuts. You could use that in a day, and you don't even have to actively try. Just play some HD youtube videos and there you go. They should really bump it up to at least 125GB.

Like you said, Anything over 100 gb makes some sense, 5 and 10 makes us fool to pay that much money.
Btw i don't think JIO will change anything when it comes to price and the offering of more GB, All these telecom's are friends inside.

Only when google or comcast or other foreign big players come, things might change. But who knows when that could happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.