• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 2,648
shirishag75

shirishag75

Regular
ISP
BSNL dataone
Hi guys, This might be a dumb question but what the emoticons are which are at the bottom. The side ones I guess can be used to emote how one feels while writing. The ones at the bottom they're my query esp. hearts, exclamation & the question mark. If I've missed something or some page where I could read the info. would be great

A

agnivo007

They are the emoticons for the post heading line.

shirishag75

shirishag75

Regular
ISP
BSNL dataone
o.k. but what do they signify? I 've seen some topics which 've these emoticons but 'ven't been able to make sense of them. What do u mean when u use one of these emoticons, what 're u tryin to say for e.g. when u use an the exclamation button or emoticon or for that matter the question one or the heart one :)? Confused little bit about them

A

agnivo007

Here is an example....Say, i'm angry about something...look at the header, you will see a :angry:This is to describe the general feeling of u regarding ur post.

shirishag75

shirishag75

Regular
ISP
BSNL dataone
Does this mean that the emoticons used in this way are to signify in a Big way (Over the TOP) or as in using Capital Letters so that everybody knows in no unambigious terms what ur feeling about a particular subject.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
using caps letter is baaaad.

shirishag75

shirishag75

Regular
ISP
BSNL dataone
Sushubh, That I know as bad etiquette, the only thing was an analogy to get this little thing in my head. Small things lead to big things, that's the way I feel. Trying to get the small concept so have a fuller understanding of things built on top of that.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
you are taking this forum way too seriously ;)

A

agnivo007

As I had told, it highlights your general mood about what u r going to post.But I suspect u r killing time by continuing such a trivial topic for so long...[ Don't give me a kick though ! ] :lol: