What all things to consider while buying a new connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter kaivan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 704
ISP
BSNL
I am planning to get BSNL Bharat Fiber 50Mbps 600GB (849 Rs) plan.

Do I get the symmetrical speed? (50MBps upload and 50Mbps Download)? Or will it fluctuate? If it will fluctuate then what speeds I must expect? As I will have 4 laptops connected to Zoom Meetings all at once, so I am concerned if there will be any lag.

Also, Does BSNL have any booster plans which can be used post FUP consumption? or will I have to stay on 2Mbps only?

I am paying 5000Rs connection charges. It comes with an optilink device. I don't have much info regarding the model number.
Also please mention things that I must take care while they install the connection. Like which is good router, modem and other technical details that I must ask the provider.

Thank You

I have BSNL Fiber, it’s been terrible since lockdown. Although last week was pretty good. Speeds are symmetrical. Speed fluctuations and downtimes have become an issue. 5000 is too much. How much is refundable from that?

I am planning to get BSNL Bharat Fiber 50Mbps 600GB (849 Rs) plan.

Do I get the symmetrical speed? (50MBps upload and 50Mbps Download)? Or will it fluctuate? If it will fluctuate then what speeds I must expect? As I will have 4 laptops connected to Zoom Meetings all at once, so I am concerned if there will be any lag.

Also, Does BSNL have any booster plans which can be used post FUP consumption? or will I have to stay on 2Mbps only?

I am paying 5000Rs connection charges. It comes with an optilink device. I don't have much info regarding the model number.
Also please mention things that I must take care while they install the connection. Like which is good router, modem and other technical details that I must ask the provider.

Thank You
5000 is to much since its mostly lco commission . Try to bargain it down it to some 3k range. Also just get non wifi model of the optilink device which less costly than wifi one , then u can buy another dual band router and put the ont under bridge mode so that dual band router will be the primary one.Because the wifi ont have lacks performance be it in wifi range and wirless speeds also its costly as it costs u 2k to 3k. while non wifi ont can cost u 1.5k only. Also check the lco service and all and then only take the connection since when a problem arives its very to difficult to rectify fault with a bsnl connection

@philip Here BSNL does not directly provide the services. They have outsourced it to different ISP's. We can get a new connection only through them. I will ask him to get a non-wifi model. Thanks

I paid 6k for the connection (no other option in my area :-( ). Speed is symmetric (50Mbps in both DL and UL). Regarding device i guess its covered in the 3rd comment.

My connection charges as on October 2019
Plan/Security: ₹777 (500GB 50Mbps)
Modem: ₹2500 (HG323RGW)
Intallation: ₹500
Total: ₹3777 but they took 3800.

Now the modem cost is up ₹2550 B2B pricing.
I don't know how much they charge to the customer.
Printed price on modem is ₹4500 (Syrotech June 2020)

BSNL booster packs "SUCK". It's for the old adsl connections when 4mbps was the max attainable speed.

They haven't updated it since then.

@kaivan , Yes, you will get promised upload speed.

I dont have much info about post FUP packs.

The LCO already had cable in this area. So my installation cost was 2k. It included a non wifi basic ont. Also, the bsnl official whom I had talked to had mentioned LCO cost would be 2k.

I too would suggest picking a cheap ont, and then buying a good router separately, as @philip has mentioned above.