what about hayai bb launch in kolkata????

• Thread starter Thread starter anirban99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,867
Status
Not open for further replies.

anirban99

addict
ISP
Meghbela Broadband
I just want to know that planning about the launch of hayai broband in Kolkata.

😛leasehelp: :icry: 😛leasehelp:

i too am expecting/excited abt hayai bb to launch in calcutta but i am yet to see them start service not to mention the pricing. But the good news is that railwire might launch their services in calcutta by mid 2011 and so far the speeds i saw when i was @ my cousins place in blore i am eagerly waiting for railwire. I doubt that railwire would be so professional to start at the given date but either way railwire or hayai .. i am crossing my fingers for both. I dont think there will be any diff in pricing from railwire when (and if) they launch in Calcutta, i am .. more like .. waiting for hayai pricing announcement.

i also heard about the railwire bb.....but i am too much excited about hayai........as they are demanding they will be the fastest ISP in India..... lets see... 🙂

i too am expecting/excited abt hayai bb to launch in calcutta but i am yet to see them start service not to mention the pricing. But the good news is that railwire might launch their services in calcutta by mid 2011 and so far the speeds i saw when i was @ my cousins place in blore i am eagerly waiting for railwire. I doubt that railwire would be so professional to start at the given date but either way railwire or hayai .. i am crossing my fingers for both. I dont think there will be any diff in pricing from railwire when (and if) they launch in Calcutta, i am .. more like .. waiting for hayai pricing announcement.

I would take that with a grain of salt - Railwire told me that they would be launching in Mumbai in September 2009.

Part of the reason that we had withdrawn the pricing info from the website is that things keep changing with regards to wholesale rates and new possibilities about how much it will cost us to deliver to any given neighbourhood.

Despite this, we have given some general ideas about what the expected pricing will be, and there is even a thread dedicated to pricing (even if the information has changed a bit through 126 pages), but to give you an idea, we're starting flat-rate plans at Rs2499 up to Rs9999 (with speeds of either 5 or 10mbit/s going up to either 100 or 200mbit/s).

Data plans are also very reasonable - pay a 599 line maintenence charge (no speed limit, so speeds go up to 100mbit/s to the internet or a full 1gbit/s if you happen to be downloading from another customer or from a server on our network - assuming your network card supports that speed), and then buy data at anything from Rs12.5 to Rs14.7 per GB (depending on how much you purchase at any given time), so a pack of 120GB ends up costing around Rs2400 including tax (599 for the line plus 1797 for the 120GB data).

Also, like Alliance, we roll-over data, so if you don't use 120GB in a month, you have 11 more months in which to use it - while the 599 charge is a constant monthly charge, you only need to top up your account with more data when it runs out.

To give you an example, if you want you could buy 120GB and use only 30GB per month, your usage takes 4 months, meaning the total cost over 4 months would be 599*4 + 1797 = 4193 including tax... a bit more reasonable than even 10 to 50 paise per MB (Rs102 to Rs512/GB), wouldn't you agree?

Further to that we also have some wireless plans (speeds up to 30mbit/s but generally expected to deliver around 8mbit/s considering environmental factors and distances from the tower etc) which are expecting to start at Rs299 for 5GB and up to Rs649 for 30GB. No unlimited because of the issues surrounding congestion on wireless services - we'd rather maintain a high-quality service than have the lowest prices.

i also heard about the railwire bb.....but i am too much excited about hayai........as they are demanding they will be the fastest ISP in India..... lets see... 🙂

There is a thread with speed tests and ping results from January 2010 - although a bit outdated, this might give an indication of what sort of speed you can expect to receive on our services (speeds were taken from a live network).

To give you an example, if you want you could buy 120GB and use only 30GB per month, your usage takes 4 months, meaning the total cost over 4 months would be 599*4 + 1797 = 4193 including tax... a bit more reasonable than even 10 to 50 paise per MB (Rs102 to Rs512/GB), wouldn't you agree?

yup agree.....if we use it for a avg of 6 months the rate will be [{600*6}+1800]/6=Rs.900/Month (approx.) and we get 20GB/Month usage with far better speed than any other.

but is there any plan where speed is capped/limited.... i mean 5mbps or 10mbps?????

yup agree.....if we use it for a avg of 6 months the rate will be [{600*6}+1800]/6=Rs.900/Month (approx.) and we get 20GB/Month usage with far better speed than any other.

but is there any plan where speed is capped/limited.... i mean 5mbps or 10mbps?????

Only flat-rate plans. There is no point in us capping the speed on data-plans because basically from our side the cost of delivering 1GB is the same at 1, 5, 10mbit/s as it is at 100 or even 1000mbit/s.

So, we chose to limit EITHER data OR speed, but not both unless we *really* have to.

@MG:be frank i can afford upto Rs.600/Month ......my requirement speed is 1mbps(no need of high speed)....and i am not a p2p crazy or download maniac. i rarely use 500mb data on a day. so i think there is no such plan atleast in cable format. I have to go for wireless zone. Right???

@MG:

be frank i can afford upto Rs.600/Month ......my requirement speed is 1mbps(no need of high speed)....and i am not a p2p crazy or download maniac. i rarely use 500mb data on a day. so i think there is no such plan atleast in cable format. I have to go for wireless zone. Right???

Unfortunately that seems to be the case, but you can be at least somewhat happy in the knowledge that a 20GB plan is only going to be I think 499/month inc tax and is delivered at the maximum speed possible, so basically, closer to the tower you are, the better your speed will be.

Of course, we can't know where the tower is going to be in relation to your house yet, but generally speaking if we can't get near 8mbit/s throughput we'd probably be seeking to install another tower nearby.

@mgcarleywhat about wireless set-up plan???? will you launch it after cable launch or you think to do it side by side????and how much time left to finish countdown????? cant wait. 😀

@mgcarley

what about wireless set-up plan???? will you launch it after cable launch or you think to do it side by side????

and how much time left to finish countdown????? cant wait. 😀

It will be launched side by side, and if I had a solid answer as to when the countdown finishes, I would tell you.

You guys expecting a lot from Hayai.
But, wait, let it launch here in Mumbai first. 😀

Rightfully so, IMO, but yes, let's get Mumbai sorted first and almost immediately after we can launch in the subsequent cities with a launch party and billboards and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.