Weird Problem

🙄 good ...always check your own house before looking at others! 😛 😛

Coolbuddy,I am facing the same problem, infact my 2 PCs are facing this problem, it first gives a memory dump error something like a blue screen appears with a flash with some text written on it and then automatically restarts the PC, I am usign windows XP, with NOD32 antivirus and zonealarm as firewall.I use 255.255.255.0 as subnet mask and dont have MTNL, so how do I solve my problem?

Are your 2 PCs behind a router or a private hub/switch? Since it was a subnet mask related thing for coolbuddy that might be the case for you too. And crappy Windows can't seem to figure out what the problem is exactly so it just shows the memory location where the problem is occuring through its trademark Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) 😛

well cancer, i really don't have any idea as to the solution...for me it worked by changing the subnet to default, but i don't think there's anything like that for u...also, i've got another LAN card now...so moved the Sify to the new card and MTNL to the onboard one...everything's working fine as far as internet is concerned, but having a couple of other probs...will talk about them in the appropriate sections...just keep an eye on the "Computers and Technology Forum" and see if u guys can help me out 😀

Hi,I need some pointers regarding resolution for a problem related to Sify Broadband conn.My broadband agent is saying that there is some virus on my system which is causing some broadcasting related problems on the whole Sify server. There is no antivirus or virus killing tool for this part virus acc to him. And he thus wants me to format the whole system.I read about similar problem in the messages posted over here. Could someone please provide me any info on how to get rid of this virus w/o actually formatting the system.Any kind of help would be seriously appreciable.Vipul