Weird prob with 1 mth NIGHT UNLIMITED 128kbps Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter GAURAV7777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,173
NeO mtnl has launched Its Broadband services in Mumbai and Delhi Only It goes by the name of TRI-BAND Broadband services .... In Mumbai u can call the number 1500 on your mtnl landline to get the connection........
Also see http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/
Also by @$$ymetrical connection i meant that it Behaves like one ... When i share files with other users in p2p programs like DC++ then the Upload speed affects my download speed .... When I am Uploading at 2Kbps Then my download speed reduces to 1.5 - 2Kbps which is other wise around 3-4Kbps ... So sify makes it behave that way...... About the 100Mb limit that I heard from the sify representative...That is what he told me... But i will definately agree that we end up downloading more than 100MB per day.... Maybe sify has relaxed that limit...However i just looked at the link that inetbum has posted ...It says for unlimited packs
Usage >= 100 MB/day will be deemed as commercial use ....... I wonder what that really means since we end up downloading more

NeO since u stay at CBD ...If u r able to get the mtnl broadband then i can too since i stay at KharGhar

after sify has stated tht Usage >= 100 MB/day will be deemed as commercial use,I think i hve to look for other provider thou i dont hve much choices 🙁 And also the mtnl's plan s*cks.I would rather go with Bsnl's Dataone but not available in Mumbai.By the way, what is "commercial" use.

i don't care if they deem my usage as commercial usage but i don't think they are going to do something about it.. i mean i download abt 500 mb everyday.. and i have never ever experienced connectivity at a reduced speed just because i downloaded too much the last day

i hope not.. and i think they won't.. if they start doing that than i think that everyon will l eave sify.. because i imagine that 9 out 10 sify users download more than 100 mb per day

I think Sify will keep doing what it has been doing till now about people crossing the download limit. That is halving their speeds as is common and the new policy of disconnecting a subscriber after he downloads a couple of MBs.The mentioning of it on their website is probably because of all the court cases that are being filed against them as someone said 😛Also I don't think that they would apply the limits on the night pack because the night pack is by definition itself a limited one.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 3 2005, 02:29 PM
Usage >= 100 MB/day will be deemed as commercial use

so downloading linux is a commercial activity... 🙁 linux torvald would be devastated. 🙁
[snapback]5396[/snapback]
[/quote]

Customre Care people say that Commercial Use means that speed will be reduced , session wont be terminated.

so they could not find a better word to say... we hate you for kicking our @$$es. so we would f**k you even harder. good job.

well Neo i upload at irc i mean i serve mp3 and other stuff at 15kb/sand it used to work both ways u can upload and download at the ur maximum speed. earlier i used to think like u but one day an friend at irc asked for some indian music that when i found out that i can upload also without affecting my download speedsand u know what i got a call on 3rd that my problem has been resolved and it was indeed the connection worked fine on 3 night - 4 morningonly next night the same f**king thing happened and its even worse know its more slow than everi just don't wish to sit on computer nowadays and u guys know whati had decided to switch to reliance rconnect on 3 morning as my connection was due to expire on 4 th if my problem hadn't been resolved but it worked fine on 3 night i told my CTO to renew my connection and the f**king think started on that same night i did get a call today he told me that its fine that get speeds on 1kb download as my connection was 48kbps shared i told him that check ur records first that i have 128 night plan .then he said clear my cookies and temporary files what has that got to do with speed and even more funny he told me to clear my event logs i told him i did but i didn't.I had so much hope with mtnl broadband but i think that has disappointed us all unless u want broadband for reading emails or chattingand bsnl has some silver linning till june 30 well tomorrow i am gonna pest my cto about it. lets see what happens

i agree with bhinder on this one, same with me. it really doesn't matter how much i download on a daily basis...what does matter is the availability of the file u're downloading, how many sources r there, my speed usually depends on that thing...