Weird Connection Prob

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
since yesterday (MTNL Delhi had some prob), i'm having a very weird prob...whenever i disconnect my modem, i have to restart it mutiple times to get connected...i mean, like i restart, i'm supposed to be connected the next time...but no, i'll have to restart again, and then only i'll get connected...sometimes, i have to do it thrice as well...any idea what is going on??? is anyone else facing the same prob??? :blink:

Yeah, I face that sometimes....I checked the router logs, and apparently, sometimes the authorisation fails on the DSLAM server. I guess its a fault on their end........

i don't know 🤔also, a strange thing happened yesterday...actually, the MTNL server had prob at around 3 am on July 30...when i saw the "status" it was showing "PVC1, connected, and bridge"...while it should be "PVC0, connected, and pppoe"...when i went to "Home/Wan" it was showing the "PVC1" by default, when it's supposed to show "PVC0"...now when i talked to MTNL ppl (gal in fact, they've got female technical ppl, though of not much help 😛 ) she said that "PVC1" is "enabled" and asked me to "disable" it...now, my question is, how the hell did it get enabled in the first place???

always repair ur connection by right-clicking the small computer icons in the tray that denote the Lan card..it clears the NetBT cache...dns cache etc. It particulary helps u when u get authentication errors...inspite of having all correct settings in the router.