Weird BSNL Broadband Connection Problem :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,608
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Hi,
So, I am getting a weird problem with my BSNL Broadband. My password has been reset to "password" but its not working and I am getting error 691 (id/pass error). But I am putting all right info as I am not a new user but 5 yr old BSNL user.
So, it all started when there was some problem in my line and SNR value went down to 6. And then both phone and broadband were dead. DSL Link was not stable at that time. So, I complained and got my line rectified but still DSL link was not stabling. Then my local exchange change some jumper or etc. Then the link got stable.
But now this error came ERROR 691 and that too when I never changed password and it was saved in modem from before.
So, I thought maybe some generic error, I call customer care to reset my password. But even after then it wont work.
I tried using all passwords i.e. my old one and the new reset password but its not working at all. All I get is Error 691. 🙁
So, anyone please help me how to solve it? What could be the possible reason behind this? Coz the exchange people told me that they can see that password was reset succesfully but still not working.
My exchange people have no idea why its happening. They don't even know whats SNR Margin value. LOL 😛
Currently my SNR is 7 but the link is stable. Only error is that dialing problem - ERROR 691.

SNR is very low. Also check your ID and password with someone knowledgeable at exchange.

meetdilip said:
SNR is very low. Also check your ID and password with someone knowledgeable at exchange.
Ya SNR is low but thats not in priority list 😛 First I Need the solution of this Error 691.
And ID will be the same I guess, some problem with password. I got it reset via both Exchange and Customer Care (1500) They say it has been reset 5 times in 3 days but still I Cant use it. 🙁
Also, I wanna know whats PORT and JUMPER thing?
In my exchange I have seen that there is different port for broadband users. Is it possible that by mistake they have put my broadband thing into someone else phone? Although my phone is fine and its my own number only and not of anyone else.
One more thing data.bsnl.in still opens with the old password and portal ID.
And is there any 24 hour working customer care for BSNL Broadband?

Try using old password. I somehow feel it is best handled by some smart person at exchange. I am not sure if very low SNR will affect dialing.

Ya, I tried old one too. I tried almost everything in caps too n small letters too. 🙁
Still it wont work.

Register a complaint and get the complaint no. You can get your money back if net is out for 10 days in a row. It is their headache, you cannot do much here.

Call BSNL exchange and say that you need to book a complaint and need a complaint no.

What is the Default password when it is reset by customer care? Are there any other passwords other than "password" ?

I know only about password , but you try admin, root etc.

Ok none of them worked 😛
So, today they said, they would try changing the port of my broadband. Earlier only the phone line port was changed. Hope it solves my problem 🙁

It is their headache once you registered a complaint and got complaint no. If it is not working, no need to pay. Of course, you will be offline or forced to use mobile internet.

meetdilip said:
It is their headache once you registered a complaint and got complaint no. If it is not working, no need to pay. Of course, you will be offline or forced to use mobile internet.
Ok, so if my broadband doesnt works for 10 days do I need to do something or they will reduce the amount automatically in my bill?
Also, I noticed new problem today. Like when I remove modem cable from splitter, the sound or line is very clear on phone. But as soon as I put modem line in splitter, I start hearing noise in phone. And when I try to call on my phone from my mobile it automatically gets received and all I hear is noise. (I dont even pick up on landline, it just happens automatically). And as soon as I remove modem line from splitter, the phone rings fine.

check if you connected to the correct outlet in the splitter - voice to phone and data to modem.
also do you have parallel connections in your house? If so, you will need to put a splitter at each parallel connection and take from voice to phone.

Yes, its connected rightly. And no there is no parallel connection. I even tried using only modem without phone but still it wont work.