webcams that can post on Youtube

• Thread starter Thread starter crossword
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,034

crossword

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I would like to buy a webcam with which I can shoot videos of myself talking and post them on Youtube.I’ve been told its not worth using a webcam to upload to YouTube cos the image is degraded when it goes onto YouTube.Are there any good quality webcams that shoot videos that look good on Youtube?My local computer shop told me that iball is good quality. They said I could buy an iball microphone and recorder for a couple hundred rupees and could get an iball webcam for Rs 1,500 and that would be good enough quality. There are more expensive ones but they said this is the range everyone uses.Does anyone have any experience with this? Has anyone used this range of iball webcams to post on youtube and if so how did it work out?Has anyone used any other good quality webcam? If so what were your experiences?I have read somewhere that one has to buy a separate mic cos the mics that come with webcams are poor quality.Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

ahem. webcams have a megapixel rating. some show fake ratings 😀

just go for a high end webcam capable of 2 megapixel and the videos would show well on youtube.

youtube actually can broadcast HD content if you upload a file big enough.

----------

and youtube actually has a feature which you can use to directly record your video on their website which gets uploaded automatically. no need to save and upload manually.

----------

https://www.youtube.com/my_webcam

----------

here are some good quality webcams from logitech.

Logitech > Webcams + Video Calling > Webcams as you can see they have 2.0 mp cameras.

----------

Creative Live! Cam Optia AF - Auto focus webcam giving you 2-megapixel photos and video chats

here is one from creative.

Most of the iball / techcom / intex etc dont specify the sensor specifcations on the cover , youll even find 5MP or 10 MP webcams from them which actually have a VGA lens and interpolate that . Get one from logitech/creative only .

Don't go for iBall webcam. I have it and the picture quality is very grainy. Though they claim its 2MP extrapolated to 12MP, the picture quality is no better than a VGA one.Go for Logitech/Creative webcams if you want clarity pictures.

yeap.

Dell laptops come with a 2.0 creative webcam and it is pretty high quality. even for still photos! i think manu1991 has the same.
My Inspiron 14 came with a 1.3MP creative only :/

weird. i thought Dell had the 2.0 mp webcam standard on all their inspiron models. i guess this was changed when studio was launched and inspiron was made a budget edition laptop.

Thanks very much for your suggestions, everyone. I asked my local computer shop and they stock only iball webcams. I will ask at bigger shops.If you had to choose between Creative and Logitech, which webcam would you choose and why?I have Windows XP and use Word 2003, if that makes any difference. I use a desktop.

i had choose the brand which provides a better customer service experience through the dealer you are buying it from.

its a webcam not a space shuttle. as long as the resolution is good, it would work fine on windows operating system.

----------

btw stay away from microsoft webcams. i bought one of their high end live cams and it sucked.