The Funny One
Regulars
Dec 3, 2005
sushubh, abuse@mtnl.net.in?? :ph34r:

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Happens to the best of sites.....thats what backups are for :)& now that your up again. (did not even realise this happened)he can go bugger some one else.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh, you expect me to get mtnl to tell me who person was using that ip at the time of compromise? not funny.actually it is.

St0le

The Funny One
Regulars
Dec 3, 2005
i know its a long shot...
check if the same IP Logged in under a differnet account...just before the compromise...it is quite possible he came and looked around...
but if he is clever (which probably is), he would have done no such thing...
heh, you expect me to get mtnl to tell me who person was using that ip at the time of compromise?
[/b]
why not?

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i tried finding if some other member logged on ever on this forum from that ip. found nothing on the current version. forgot to do enough research on the hacked forum database. anyways, my mistake i dont have cron jobs to take daily backups.

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
hmmmm.........thats really sad.who the hell was he?! :angry: :angry:no wonder i couldnt find the thread i started. :(someone using mtnl. i did observe many new mtnl members on the forum......... :unsure:

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
i thinksome who is really pissedn got banned many times hav done this.got the person im tryin to tell!!!!

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Apr 20 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]48758[/snapback]
heh, you expect me to get mtnl to tell me who person was using that ip at the time of compromise?
[/b]

Not unless you sue him in a court. They they will have to reveal the party's name and i think that's the way it should work. Tried & tested tactic used many times all over the world..works..

Thing is u dont have the money those guys got to chase old grannies & pre-teens.

Course if u got a contact in MTNL, this could be lot easier ;)

We discussed this a while back, its only a matter of time b4 site gets hacked, backups are your cheapest option.

Yeah, it might be a good idea to get daily crons working.

Make this the non-event that is...what better way is there to get back than to make his efforts futile.

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
I think I was the first one to break the news.... except I thought u had age cut-off set for different forums!! :pBut its bad what has happened. And there's no point in even trying to find out who the person was. The forum is back n we are all happy. Even if he would have deleted everything, it would not have made a difference (except for broken links in google) coz we love this place.