We Got Hacked...

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Hmm.... It seems like someone managed to get into the backend using prathap's admin id and he went on to delete around 40% of all the posts on this forum.Sadly, I just had a 2 day old backup which I have now restored. Posts are lost, Hacks are gone. I think this forum just might survive this crap.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Hmm.... It seems like someone managed to get into the backend using prathap's admin id and he went on to delete around 40% of all the posts on this forum.Sadly, I just had a 2 day old backup which I have now restored. Posts are lost, Hacks are gone. I think this forum just might survive this crap.

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
now this is sad. :(but im happy every thing is restored :confused:

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
dittoi cannot open 'view new posts'+ when i replied i was redirected to the home page.is this update glich or due to hack

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
clean up ur cookies and relogin to the forum. that solved the problem for me. try using a fresh browser to confirm.

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
hmm so a mtnl user this time . does mtnl gives static ip's or theya re also dynamic ? . Simple scan shows this guy have some stuff open but it can also be someone else if its dynamic ip's:-/