We could soon have blocks and filtering of content related to jokes on Sikh community

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,049
Hmm, santabanta.com should be blocked then.

based on the funny jokes thread on this forum, this forum could get blocked as well 😀

They are asking to block 5000 website's . Seriously , Death of humour , If it happens !

But on 4 January, the Supreme Court will examine if Sardar jokes should be banned online. The apex court agreed to examine a PIL which seeks to ban jokes on Sikhs and Sardars after the petitioner, Sikh lawyer Harvinder Chowdhury, claimed that such jokes are a violation of a Sikh’s right to equality, and an attack on the dignity of the community.
The petition adds that the Ministries of Telecom and Information and Broadcasting should either ban the websites, or direct them to remove such jokes since “they tend to portray the Sardar community as people of low intellect”.
If the court agrees, it would order the government to ensure such jokes are taken off websites and filters are put in place to stop more such jokes on the internet.

Some Are Sick of Sikh Jokes: SC to Decide If They Should Be Banned - TheQuint

I wont be surprised if some Santa Claus jokes get filtered as well in the attempt to filter Santa Singh....

I think there are jokes on every community out there.

Bad humor should be banned but good humor should be accepted for / by any community.

Yup. It would be a sad day if SC implements any kind of restrictions on any kind of jokes that are not a threat to national security :speechless:

SC asks Gurudwara Prabandhak committees to suggest measures that can be judicially enforced to prevent jokes on sardars.
Delhi Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee says sensitization in schools required to spread awareness against hurtful, malicious jokes

Source 1, 2

Sucks. On School level? This is retarded. I haven't come across one sardar joke that was malicious or hurtful in any way. Its not like jokes are made on Sikh gurus itself to cause hurt.