We can reset the FUP!?

Hayai is a sensitive topic around here. Read the forum for more info. And no, hayai won't be coming to Hyderabad any time soon. 😉

Hayai's plans seem good. In Hyderabad is Beam the best option? Is there any other ISP that provides high speed?

There's another ISP .. YOU broadband .. which provides a 10mbps plan more cheaper than the beam's plan. But their reviews are mostly negative
Thanks for this info. I've been waiting for a Beam connection for 5 months now. In Feb, they said that the server is full and they are looking for a place to setup a server. Beam said that they will inform me when they get a server. After waiting for 2 months I contacted them and they said that the server is full and they are looking for a place to setup another server. Till now there is no server that has been setup. Now they are setting up a server. I have no idea how long it's going to take. I have already waited so long and don't know what to do. It is wrong on their part not to inform me when the server was available.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Thanks for this info. I've been waiting for a Beam connection for 5 months now. In Feb, they said that the server is full and they are looking for a place to setup a server. Beam said that they will inform me when they get a server. After waiting for 2 months I contacted them and they said that the server is full and they are looking for a place to setup another server. Till now there is no server that has been setup. Now they are setting up a server. I have no idea how long it's going to take. I have already waited so long and don't know what to do. It is wrong on their part not to inform me when the server was available.

Any suggestions what I should do?
lolwut? wtf is server? where are they keeping the server?

I guess what they are talking abt is fiber box?

Which area are you from? My friend has beam boardmember's number. If ya want i'll give it to you. Even they did like this for my friend. they said that they can't give him connection since there's no fiber box near his home. So he called up that beam guy and within 24hrs ..he's online.

lolwut? wtf is server? where are they keeping the server?

I guess what they are talking abt is fiber box?

Which area are you from? My friend has beam boardmember's number. If ya want i'll give it to you. Even they did like this for my friend. they said that they can't give him connection since there's no fiber box near his home. So he called up that beam guy and within 24hrs ..he's online.

I am from Marredpally. Even I don't know what they are talking about but they keep giving excuses. Customer care forwards calls to this one local guy here and he keeps giving excuses. Please PM me the number of this board member. I will be grateful to you if this guy is able to help me get a connection in the next few days. TIA.

My local beam technician came and told me that they can give me a connection. They moved some connection to another box and freed a slot for me. Thanks a lot for your help Bobbyguitarist!!! After I made the payment and provided the required documents and filled the form, he asked to see the room where it will be connected. I showed him the room and he said that it is too far inside and he expected the room to be close to the main door. He said that Beam is allowed to use only upto 70meters cable per person. But I said that I want it in my room and not in the drawing room. He made some calls and said that he doesn't think it is possible. I told him that I will pay for the extra cable used but he said that it is not possible for them to go beyond 70m. He said that the distance from the box to my drawing room is 70meters and to the room where I want internet is an additional 40meters, so totally around 110meters. He said that I should use a wired router and then take the two cables into my room (I have 2 PCs). But that will be very problematic as with the cables going across from one room to another, also I have an inverter battery in my room so if the router is in my room I will be able to connect to the net when there are power cuts and won't be able to do so if the router is outside my room. And when I asked him about the speed he said that we won't get full speeds, for example for 20mbps connections we will get only about 18mbps from the cable in the drawing room and if we use a wired router the speed will reduce to about 16mbps.Can someone please help me? What should I do? Any solutions/suggestions? TIA.

I don't know nothing about routers so i can't help you. Beam guy said they have battery backup for that box ..so net will work even if there's a power cut. But my net dies the moment there's a power cut. I complained to them on their FB page and they said they would look into the matter. So ask that guy again if the net works when there's a power cut.

Ok.. an update. Since past few days i was having this weird problem where no matter how many times i log in ..am getting redirected to that portal page of beam. So yesterday night .. icalled up beam CC and told him my problem. He gave me some instructions so i was able to connect to net directly without loggin into login page. CC guy said that he would send a technician to my house today. That technician just came. I showed him my prob and he said he'll convert my account into permanent login. He called up beam office and within 1 second my net is working. So i told him about your problem and he said that Cat5 cable will work only when its length is small (

Thanks Bobby, for inquiring with beam for a solution to my problem. Do these guys use only cat5? Or do they use cat5e and cat6 too? Any idea. I read somewhere that cat5e and cat6 cables can go longer lengths but I'm not sure about this as I read mixed comments about this.

How the additional length for your drawing room to your room is 40m is beyond me. But yeah, under no circumstance will beam lay cables more than 100m.

When does FUP reset? Is it the same for everyone? Or does it reset on different dates depending on what date of the month you activated your connection?

It should reset on the 1st of every month for everyone. But it was on the 2nd and 3rd on quite a few occasions for me.
So, the billing cycle for everyone is from the 1st to 1st of each month? What about the first month, how does it work? If we activate our account on the 15th, will our next billing cycle be on the 1st of next month along with the reset of FUP? So, do we lose out a few days in the first month?

EDIT: Can we used the post FUP speed before the FUP limit has been reached and can we reserve the pre-FUP speed for when we want, so that we can save out on the FUP bandwidth and use high speeds when they are needed.