Water Issue with Delhi Jal Board

• Thread starter Thread starter pranjal53
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,165
ISP
airtel
Hello
So I live in Janakpuri, New Delhi and recently the water has this sewer smell and has been tasting different. I called up Delhi Jal Board to complain.
So when they were laying these pipelines a few decades back, for some reason they decided it was a good idea to lay down a sewer line and a fresh water pipeline right next to each other. So every time the sewage line is full ( which happens every rainy season ), the fresh water gets contaminated. Now they are saying that there is a crack in the sewage pipeline which is about 25 ft. deep and it might take 6-8 months to be fixed, so the only thing that I can do as a consumer is fill up the bottles between 5:10 am and 7:10 am, and for the rest of the day, if there is any reserve we might get water supply otherwise it will be the sewer water that will be pumped. What can I do? Delhi Jal Board is useless and if they can't supply water apart from 2 hours for the entire day what should I do? They aren't ready to lay down any new pipelines.
I have switched to RO and ground water but my mother who lives on a separate floor still was using aqua guard with Delhi Jal Board water. Can I complain to any higher authority?

Also, In B block janakpuri they have been fixing a sewage line for the past 1 year and it still hasn't been fixed.

DJB has done this everywhere and not just West Delhi. I'm assuming that they cut down on the effort and cost involved by laying both the lines together or next to each other.

Waking up around 5.30-6.30 am is a part of our daily schedule if we want to get consumable water from government supply. Always has been the case.