Watching DD Direct on Tatasky Set top Box

• Thread starter Thread starter jamesdsz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 70,619
:hysterical::hysterical: I expected this from most members who support Tata Sky or praise tatasky dumbly here who only know about Tatasky nothing else.

FYI. Diseqc Switch is used to connected 2 or more LNBs to one STB. In simple it is used to add more satellites. Only if your STB supports it. Rightnow Dishtv and Tatasky software does not allow this:wall:

Tatasky rules :thumbsup: Tatasky quality is the greatest. TS stb is best in the world. So we don't need to learn anything about Diseqc etc.,. You should know if I get signal even during heavy rain it is because of Tatasky's greateness and not because of ISRO's powerful satellite. Tatasky Rocks :thumbsup: If we cannot add other satellites easily in this stb it is just because we don't need to as TS itself providing all the quality channels 😡

Tata Sky rules :thumbsup: Tatasky quality is the greatest. TS stb is best in the world. So we don't need to learn anything about Diseqc etc.,. You should know if I get signal even during heavy rain it is because of Tatasky's greateness and not because of ISRO's powerful satellite. Tatasky Rocks :thumbsup: If we cannot add other satellites easily in this stb it is just because we don't need to as TS itself providing all the quality channels 😡

:hysterical: great thinking by you people. If u get signal during rain it is due to tatasky😗. what a pity on you guys who dont credit the actual satellite provider that is ISRO .dont know if it is ignorance or blindness :hysterical:

WHO wants to see me world_of_dth :rofl::rofl::rofl::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:thumbsup::hysterical:

:hysterical: great thinking by you people. If u get signal during rain it is due to Tata Sky😗. what a pity on you guys who dont credit the actual satellite provider that is ISRO .dont know if it is ignorance or blindness :hysterical:

You don't know about Tatasky. So you are talking like this. Without Tatasky there won't be a satellite at 83 degrees East.

I dont want to get into any issue with you, Keep ur advice to yourself. your reply for this will be ignored.

He didn't reply you, so you cannot ignore 🙁 By replying you have showed that you are not ignoring him. You are rather provoking him to post more.

Hey Guy I am able to watch DD Direct channel on Tata Sky Set top Box. All I have done is install new dish antennae with a new LNB. For watching DD Direct channel all I need to do is remove the cable of TataSky Dish and put the another Cable from the other Dish. The setting is easy. Go in the organizer and enter the frequency of the channel and you can View the channel from DD Direct like B4U Music, ETC, Music India, 9XM and international like DW TV etc plus some of the sound Indian channel available on DD Direct. You don’t have to remove the TataSky Card from the Set Top Box. But there is only one catch that every time u needs to change the cable for switching from TataSky to DD Direct. The Total Cost for Dish and LBN Come to around 200 to 300 Rupee.

by using Equdisc switch you need not remove cable up to four LNB you can connect in single switch , if you use tree networl even you can use 16 LNb using 5 switch

Bharathidasan K

Well previously there used to be changing modules - small box - with two inputs - one for the cable tv wire and another for the terrestial antennae wire and one output to the tv. You could change between the two by simply moving a slider on it.... can such modules be used to switch between the two dishes.

Well previously there used to be changing modules - small box - with two inputs - one for the cable tv wire and another for the terrestial antennae wire and one output to the tv. You could change between the two by simply moving a slider on it.... can such modules be used to switch between the two dishes.
The device you are saying cannot be used because the cable connectors are different from the Coaxial cable used for DTH signals.
For receiving 2 satellite either we can run 2 cables from dish to STB, but it has disadvantage of increased cable cost and possible damage to STB tuner if STB not powered OFF.
DiSEqC (DiSEqC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is good solution, but as DTH concept is a new in most parts of country so don't know availability & cost of it. And therefore I even see rare chance of availability of motorised dish (Satellite dish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
But more important of all, does Tata Sky STB supports DiSEqC or Motorised dish. If not,TRAI/BIS standards must make it mandatory for all providers to provide STB with above support

:hysterical::hysterical: I expected this from most members who support Tata Sky or praise tatasky dumbly here who only know about Tatasky nothing else.

FYI. Diseqc Switch is used to connected 2 or more LNBs to one STB. In simple it is used to add more satellites. Only if your STB supports it. Rightnow Dishtv and Tatasky software does not allow this:wall:
hey man
this is a forum and dont think tat all will be as clever as u so dont degrade anyone who asks a question😡if u know tell it politely or otherwise no need:evil:

The device you are saying cannot be used because the cable connectors are different from the Coaxial cable used for DTH signals.
For receiving 2 satellite either we can run 2 cables from dish to STB, but it has disadvantage of increased cable cost and possible damage to STB tuner if STB not powered OFF.
DiSEqC (DiSEqC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is good solution, but as DTH concept is a new in most parts of country so don't know availability & cost of it. And therefore I even see rare chance of availability of motorised dish (Satellite dish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
But more important of all, does Tata Sky STB supports DiSEqC or Motorised dish. If not,TRAI/BIS standards must make it mandatory for all providers to provide STB with above support

Oh..kay, i was thinking of this only.

Nways to make things simpler isn't it possible to get a 2nd dd direct stb and get it connected to the cable point using the cable connector and tata sky using the red whit yellow wires to the av unit of the tv. So we'll get tata sky in the av channel and in normal tv on a particular channel we'll get dd direct channels.
I mean this a soltn think but may be a bit costly... as far as I know dd direct can be accessed thru cheap stbs openly available... any idea how much they cost.

Please dont mind i'm really a novice in all these and not thorough with exact terminologies.

hey man
this is a forum and dont think tat all will be as clever as u so dont degrade anyone who asks a question😡if u know tell it politely or otherwise no need:evil:

He replied to that question anyway. You get angry for his post but see the post above yours and you will understand what SundthGuy said was 100% correct. Diseqc costs Rs.350.

He replied to that question anyway. You get angry for his post but see the post above yours and you will understand what SundthGuy said was 100% correct. Diseqc costs Rs.350.
man i dont get angry for his reply but i am angry by the way he replied nobody in this world knows everything this is a forum for asking our doubts but it should not hurt anyone tats my point 😛

yes that is manual

also you can use electronic one, you need not do any manual switch in this you can connect 4 LNB and one out put by tree network 16 , 64 also you can get. You can see in ur stb Equdisc option now it should be in off position when you use that swich you have to change it to properly you have to number LNB and do corretly else you may not get output better conduct location distubutors
Bharathidasan K

can we see dd direct plus channels in Tata Sky STB, by changing some settings in organiser etc, are lnb of tata sky and dd direct plus same? is dish direction of tata sky and dd direct plus same? pls answer...