• Views Views 4,195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass

Platinum member
ISP
Reliance 1mbps unlimited
Hi,

I have had Reliance Wired Broadband for a few years now.

I just wanted to warn everyone intending to take a Reliance connection that internet does not work when there is a power failure, at least in my area. Reliance does not seem to provide battery backup for the necessary infrastructure at their end and hence even if you have your router plugged into a UPS, internet will stop working within 3-4 minutes of power failure.

I have had hell with the nonsensical Reliance customer support for several months now without any resolution. I have reached out to the appellate authority and even the President of customer service's desk and everyone doles out the same useless clueless responses. And sticking to the Reliance tradition, tickets are closed instantly with no resolution. In summary, this is what Reliance has clearly confirmed to me:

[*]Reliance is aware of this issue
[*]This issue has been there for many months
[*]There is no estimated time of resolution and will be addressed as possible
[*]Everybody and not just you is affected, so use internet when it is available
[*]No credit can be given and you will have to put up with it because internet works for sometime
[*]There is no nodal officer/senior appellate authority person in Andhra Pradesh that you can speak to
[*]This information can be shared only orally and Appellate desk can not email with what is being communicated orally
[/list]
I will keep posting more details and the interactions I have had with this bunch of jokers over this thread.

Think twice before you go for a Reliance connection.

Cheers.

you are in hyderabad! land of the fiber connections! what are you doing on reliance! just curious actually.

Precisely one of the major reasons I left Reliance within 3-4 months...2 Hours of powercut in my house + 2 hours of powercut at Reliance ... I was being provided a 22*7 connection (2 hours during day time) , plus powercut at my home , also during day hours...

this is actually the first time i am hearing this about reliance. i know this happens with sify broadband (i have faced exactly the same thing in early 2000s). it also happens with cable based internet service providers. had no idea reliance dsl had a similar problem 😀

you are in hyderabad! land of the fiber connections! what are you doing on reliance! just curious actually.

I am sure that does not apply to all areas?
I have Beam here at 10 times the speed at a lesser price, but I have this combo landline phone number with Reliance that has kept me sticking with them thus far. Plus some got-used-to-it, you know.

Precisely one of the major reasons I left Reliance within 3-4 months...
2 Hours of powercut in my house + 2 hours of powercut at Reliance ... I was being provided a 22*7 connection (2 hours during day time) , plus powercut at my home , also during day hours...

Ah, and these guys are shameless enough to say since everyone has the same issue, bear with it - without the least hint of apology.

The best part was they used to close tickets as fixed, when internet was still not working after outages.

well. i understand why i am scared to move from airtel to bsnl. airtel at least has (had) the reliability factor.

in you case, reliance is not reliable. prices are high. beam users seems to be very happy with what they are offering.

why not get the broadband part disconnected from your connection. keep the landline and get a beam connection?

as for the second statement... when i had sify, i had the exact same reaction. eventually i told them to draw the power from my house. it was at least possible in my case. in your case, does not look like it.

The best part was they used to close tickets as fixed, when internet was still not working after outages.

airtel closed my ticket today! and when i called the person whose name was on the mail confirming the closing of the ticket, he had no idea how that ticket could have closed.

he was very clear that he has not closed the ticket and he knew about my situation and he was unable to call me because of some stuff that had kept him busy for the last 2-3 days 😀

so basically the system cleared the ticket probably because of lack of activity from both the sides 😀

Reliance is cheaper (maybe not cheaper than Beam) than Airtel. When I used to call they used to read out the update from the engineer etc. So, it was clear they used to close purposefully. A couple of CC guys actually had audacity to say that our SLA is 2 days, so it should be fixed now 😕

why not get the broadband part disconnected from your connection. keep the landline and get a beam connection?

Yes, I am researching that right now! :cowboy:

Reliance is cheaper (maybe not cheaper than Beam) than Airtel. When I used to call they used to read out the update from the engineer etc. So, it was clear they used to close purposefully. A couple of CC guys actually had audacity to say that our SLA is 2 days, so it should be fixed now 😕

BSNL (in karnataka, not sure about other states though) is more expensive than Airtel - This is the sad state of affairs in India, when Govt. itself not providing unlimited, high speed broadband to customers at affordable prices, why will private providers oblige!!!

Well, it depends upon which plan.. Low-Mid range BSNL is cheaper.. Higher range, Airtel turns out to be cheaper.

Same problem in my area also but have to deal with it...I am not sure yet but i think they reduced 450rs around in bill for this issue. As bill already came before reducing money and i had to pay less when i paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.