Wanting To Buy A Mp3 Player

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,827
thinking of getting one. just dont find any use considering i dont go out of the house much. think i will get a CD player for the car though with an auxilary port in... should try to find out if car music systems with USB ports are affordable. than i might get a shuffle...

A few yrs ago i got a mp3 cd player and hooked that up via a cassette adapter to the car's hi-fi, worked great. No need for the finicky FM transmitters etc. Nowadays its harder to find headends that play cassette at all, so you're looking at one that accepts an aux in. USB capable headends, lol never heard of that.I listen to a lot of mixed music and most portable players have next to zero support for mixed music, most dissapointed that Apple has neglected this as well. There are workarounds for this like ripping a cd as one big mp3 file, but then the player needs to support CUE files. Well none to date do so.Why stop at mp3's , how bout xvid,vcd, etc support as well. DL to player and hook to TV for playback or even record from TV, Cowon has this but does not work so well...let's see what Apple can do here, i have no use to watch music vids on a tiny screen.First player that does all that as well as allow me to rate music gets my money.

QUOTE(blr_p @ Apr 23 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]49072[/snapback]
Why stop at mp3's , how bout xvid,vcd, etc support as well. DL to player and hook to TV for playback or even record from TV, Cowon has this but does not work so well...let's see what Apple can do here, i have no use to watch music vids on a tiny screen.

First player that does all that as well as allow me to rate music gets my money.
[/b]

My Creative Zen Vision M 30 gb does all the above (except record from tv).

It supports Xvid, Divx, wmv, and some other format too (but NOT .mov)
You can connect it to your TV via the dock (which you have to use for everything).
YOu can rate music, and the DJ option enables you to play High rated songs, songs not heard often, etc.