Wanted to share with you all!!!!!!

coolvaibh2009

ISP
BSNL
Hello Forum Members...........
How are you all? First of all my greets fly ro all you people!!!!!!! I want to share with you people a recent experience of mine.

Actually it so happened that today i wanted to burn some data on a DvD, so, i bought 3 DvDs from the market. Today i was not able to get my favorite brand of DvDs, which is named as "NATIONAL".

Anyways. i bought 3 "Branded" DvDs of Moser Baer. so, when i started to burn the data, NERO threw out my disc stating that------

"Could not perform end of disc at once"

So, i thought that the disc might have got damaged and replaced it. Now all three of the discs were returned by Nero stating the same error!!!!

Hence, i thought to call customer care of Moser Baer India ( as i have a few Dual Layer DvDs of this same brand and the CC no. is given on it's back ).

I was received by a well qualified CC representative. When i told him about my issue he told me to check NERO for its version and it's Firmware's version. Actually i have LG Optical DvD ROM drive ( Model--GSA H10N, Firmware version--JL10 ). So, he told me to upgrade my Firmware Version as it's old and told me that the latest version for my optical drive is "JL12".

Let me first tell you people that i never had any problem in burning any kind of data in any format either on CDs, DvDs, or whatever (untill & unless i used Moser Baer). Wheather those discs are of loacal brands or branded brands.

Then, i suddenly remembered an instance that almost 3 months back i faced the same problem with same brand. But at that time i'hd thought that might be the disc is corrupted due to wrong handling or storage, so i forgot that then & there.

So, coming back to real issue, i googled on the net for this JL12 Firmware update for LG GSA H10N and i downloaded it. So. i installed that Firmware ( upgraded ) and was prompted by the setup to reboot and hence, i booted my machine.

Now, the real thing happened when the machine rebooted!!!! I inserted again the same Moser Baer disc and was again error messaged by NERO with the same error content!!!!!!!

So, i decided to burn that data on an another brand disc ( of course NATIONAL ). And bingo!!! I was not given any error message. After completion of burning task i reinserted the burned disc to check it and another greater surprise awaited me!!!!!!! My optical drive was not able to detect the disc and was showing it as an empty disc!!!!!!!

So, i tried my other discs to check wheather they can be read or not. To my utter surprise, none of the discs was read by my ROM!!!!!!

So, i again googled for uninstalling the upgarded fimware but only found that once the firmware is upgraded it can't be uninstalled or removed!!!!!!!

At this time i thought that it's imminent now either to buy a new ROM or to spend at least few hundred bucks for it!!!!!!

Suddenly, a logical thought came to my mind that wheather is it possible or not to install a lower version of firmware again for my ROM. So, i again googled for this query and got the Firmware version JL11, but not the real one ( which was JL10, previouly on my ROM ).

So, seeing no option anywhere else, i downloaded it and upgraded ( or shall i call it "Downgraded" 😉 it ).

And again i was shocked to see that my ROM started working smoothly and perfectly!!!!!!!!

So, my only motto behind posting this hell lot of a big matter is that if any one of you face the same issue then try to do the same thing what i had done. May be your other efforts or money could be saved by this.

Also, here i want to state that there may be some other logical or technical methods to deal with this issue which i didn't knew, but i dealt with this issue in this way and thought that it may be of some use to you people also.

One more thing, do any one of you use the same make and model of the ROM which i am using? Or do anyone of you have the Firmware version JL10 for LG GSA H10N? If you have this version then will u mind to share it with me?

Anyways, sorry for such a huge thread-posting, but i only wanted you people to know that how weired is the world of softwares!!!!!

You all are most welcome to share your views, or share your tricks or comment on the issue posted by me. Criticisation is also most welcomed.

Do reply if you find this post a bit of use!!!!!!!

And last but not the least, i got confused about my post's nature that wheather it's purely related to Software of Hardware, so, i am posting it in this section.

Thank you all................................

never use moser bayer ,they are lamerbetter use Sony

Thanks coolvaibh2009, for sharing your experience...! Most of the times, trial and error methods work better than a technical solution. Even I have faced probs with Moser Baer CDs. Anyways...So what are you gonna do with those DVDs now...?

I have brought all sort of cheap Dvd's of names that I haven't even heard of National, princo i did hear of princo but I have never faced much problem.

----------

I have used all sorts of cheap Dvd's of names I haven't even heard of as a brand: national etc but I have never faced such a problem.

I have brought all sort of cheap Dvd's of names that I haven't even heard of National, princo i did hear of princo but I have never faced much problem.

----------

I have used all sorts of cheap Dvd's of names I haven't even heard of as a brand: national etc but I have never faced such a problem.

Well National DVD's are quite cheap; I can say they are the cheapest ones: Rs.8 per DVD.

I have been using Moser Baer Dvd's/Cd's for more than six months(burnt aroun 100 dvd's)......and never faced a problem.:inodding:

this is not a problem with the dvds. It a problem with the disc burner driver. That's what the original poster has done too. He has downgraded the firmware and it works fine.....

i have Sony and LG DVD burner but both never work 100% with moser bayer,for rest DVD brand they are fire from hell (which can burn anything) :hysterical: