Want to install Vonage(VOIP) in Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter ashinusa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 23,650
but there is 7.99$ plan also that too with unlimited calls to us & canada Try vbuzzer.com vonage is just too costly

Hi Ashinusa,How much is Vonage charging you for VoIP calls??

Ok Guys.......why pay 14.95 per month to vonage when you can buy the adaptor and program it to rcv free Incoming USA No.?????

Check Out my web site http://www.compuguru4u.com/smartfone.html

I provide such adaptors and program them with free USA No. with area code 360 which works great on Dataone in India. and for Outgoing you Pay 0.01 a minute to USA.

Feel free to ask me more in detail

QUOTE(smartbiz @ Jul 19 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]56109[/snapback]
Ok Guys.......why pay 14.95 per month to vonage when you can buy the adaptor and program it to rcv free Incoming USA No.?????
[/b]

1. Guranteed uptime in service contract
2. Unlimited calls to US/Can
3. Great voice quality
4. 911 support
5. Free VOIP adapter + WiFi router(Have to pay $50 to begin with, but you vonage send you rebate check for $50 once yu confirm your account)

There are providers that promise free incoming for life, but

1. Instead of Telco hardware, most of them are running installation of Asterisk on PCs
2. Instead of dedicated VOIP circuits, they route calls through usual IP connections
3. Due to #2, call quality degrads if IP channels get congested.

So, if you are using it for personal calls and can tolerate occasional downtime then these providers are fine. Otherwise, go for Vonage.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Jul 19 2006, 03:22 AM) [snapback]56111[/snapback]
4. 911 support
[/b]
We don't need that in India 🙂

5. Free VOIP adapter + WiFi router(Have to pay $50 to begin with, but you vonage send you rebate check for $50 once yu confirm your account)
[/b]
However there are many other charges mentioned in Terms of usage like activation fees, Cancellation fee(if u disconnect before 12 months) 😉

1. Instead of Telco hardware, most of them are running installation of Asterisk on PCs
2. Instead of dedicated VOIP circuits, they route calls through usual IP connections
3. Due to #2, call quality degrads if IP channels get congested.
So, if you are using it for personal calls and can tolerate occasional downtime then these providers are fine. Otherwise, go for Vonage.
[/b]

I doubt that because for small no of subscriber its fine but for bigger base of subscribers setup turns out to be more costly than orignal one(ofcourse quality is a factor)

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Jul 20 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]56216[/snapback]
However there are many other charges mentioned in Terms of usage like activation fees, Cancellation fee(if u disconnect before 12 months) 😉
[/b]
If you need to call regularly, then these charges are reasonable for unlimited calls. And Vonage allows you t oadd another "line" for $9 per month.

So, you take care of phone bills in US (long distance is free with Vonage) and your relatives can call you as much as they want for $9 per month.

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Jul 20 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]56216[/snapback]
I doubt that because for small no of subscriber its fine but for bigger base of subscribers setup turns out to be more costly than orignal one(ofcourse quality is a factor)
[/b]

Quite a few companies that are providing VOIP do not have enough money for telco hardware, and are managing with PC class servers. Have a look at T-Mobiles's (US) setup cost in its new switching ops. Its more then $4m.

Overall, if you need to call regularly or for business then Vonage or PDLC is the way to go.

If you do not make those many calls, then try any of VOIP services that allows you to call US for 1 - 2 cents per min. But keep in mind that quality can be good or bad depending of current system load.

Naaah I don't even fully utilize my 300 min/week voipdiscount.com limit.

hey my family is vikas puri delhi and can i get airtel service there too or if some one can give me the url to get more info about airtel service will be gr8and along with all this i m not using vonage.com in usa i m using lingo.com but if it is required then i will switch to vonage thanks

CooL Dude you can make yourself work on FWD also or lingo or anything provider you want.

Yes airtel is available in Vikas Puri Area. Site is www.airtel.in

hi i was checkin out the airtel website but i m kinda confused with the plans and stuff can you please suggest me any plan which should be good i only need for home little surfing the internet may be checking the emails and most of the time it will be used to make phone calls back and forth to usa please do suggest me the right plan thanks

Hi i was checking out the voyz.net service too any suggestion on this or can i buy the adaptors they are selling from some where else for a cheaper price so make phone calls from india to usa do let me know please thanks

For Airtel I would recomend you Rs699+taxes plan with unlimited 128 k up and down. Plan works nice with lots of voice chat and little bit surfing.

For voip adapters it all depend on what you like contract or prepaid.

If you are sending adapter home then i would recomend
https://www.iconnecthere.com/nonmembers/eng...l_unlimited.htm
they send you adapter in india for 5$ only and are the only one which officially provide service to international users. However it is for one year contract.

Else you could opt for a prepaid system like vbuzzer.com with byod. Call rates at .01$/min.
For device you could buy from ebay.in(deliver in india).
Ebay.com(usa) and buy.com there(dont deliver in india).