Want To Extend The Range Of Wifi Coverage

• Thread starter Thread starter amilan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,412

amilan

Hi all,I am having a BSNL broadband WiFi connection at my office in basement. I can use my laptop at basement and also at ground floor of the building but it does not work at first and second floors of the building.Do anyone has any idea how can I extend the rage of WiFi coverage to make it available on first floor and second floor also.Some body told me that a third party access point does not work with bsnl broad band router. Any ideas about that?Amilan

You can buy a WiFi AP that has a stronger signal and higher range. Or if your current AP suports external antenna, you can attach a bigger (around 28 inches) antenna to AP.

QUOTE(netfreak @ Aug 26 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]60028[/snapback]
You can buy a WiFi AP that has a stronger signal and higher range.

Or if your current AP suports external antenna, you can attach a bigger (around 28 inches) antenna to AP.
[/b]

Is it possible to connect two routers in series? I am looking for a wireless adsl router so one vendor suggested that i connect a D-Link 524 to a standard dlink 502T to get the wireless functionality rather than spend a bomb on the dlink g604T. Any clues? 🤔

QUOTE(Abhijitm @ Aug 26 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]60054[/snapback]
Is it possible to connect two routers in series? I am looking for a wireless adsl router so one vendor suggested that i connect a D-Link 524 to a standard dlink 502T to get the wireless functionality rather than spend a bomb on the dlink g604T. Any clues? 🤔
[/b]

I would like to connect 5 processors in series and make it to 15 Ghz pro. speed :lol:

QUOTE(Abhijitm @ Aug 26 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]60054[/snapback]
[/b]

Thats what I do.

I have a D-Link 502T from MTNL. On top of that I use Netgear WiFi Ap/Router. It is easy. Posts in this forum have detailed steps.