Want to connect D-Link router to BSNL ftth

varkey

Regulars
Yep, I understand that. I was referring to the OPs requirement of doing NAT/PPPOE on the D-Link which wouldn't be possible without the ONT being in bridge mode (which you pointed out isn't feasible with the device) or it would end up with double NAT.

I am curious though, why do you need to explicitly set the D-Link in bridge mode? You could simply disable the DHCP server on the D-Link and connect the ONT to any of the LAN ethernet ports on the D-Link. The D-Link would then automatically work as a dumb AP.

varkey

Regulars
So in this case if ONT has an ip range of 192.168.100.x and dlink has 192.168.1.x then what IP will the devices get if they connect to the network via Dlink?
Since the DHCP server of the D-Link is disabled, all clients would be allocated IP addresses by the ONT's DHCP server.

However, as the D-Link is on a different subnet, you wouldn't be able to access the D-Link WebUI, so I would set the IP address of the D-Link to be in the same subnet as that of the ONT but outside of the DHCP range.

In this config, D-Link would simply be a dumb AP.

mayank yadav

Regulars
Dlink 2750u will work just fine. i have the same router and they work. If you can just follow the steps i mentioned it will also work for you.

mayank yadav

Regulars
Since the DHCP server of the D-Link is disabled, all clients would be allocated IP addresses by the ONT's DHCP server.
Yes you are actually right. i never realized that disabling dhcp server would make this router run in bridge mode. i thought that it will still work as a router and IP's(192.168.1.x) would have to be statically assigned to all devices

mayank yadav

Regulars
Are you able to forward your ports? also can you share image of pppoe setting on the tenda, i will try it with my dlink router as well. Also can you share the version of HG850a by going into basic info on the admin page.

Manufacturer:Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Style:HG850A
SN.:48575522e9f04
IP:192.168.100.1
HW Ver:HG850aGTH.B
SW Ver:V100R001C05SPC907