Want to buy Tp link Archer C6 AC1200 anyone here using it ?

• Thread starter Thread starter D_Dey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 6,513
bought archer c6 on 3rd august from nehru place , new delhi for 2k rs . initially router was freezing every 4-5 hours and required a reboot. turned off ''nat boost'' and it is working fine since then.

i use xperia z1 so on 2.4ghz i get only 40Mbps but on 5ghz i get full 75Mbps.

TP-Link offers 3 years warranty and i have had good rma experience in the past so went with it.

you can look into tenda ac10 router. it is also a good product.
Tenda ac10 has no openwrt support and i need it so i choose c6 ....

only have 1 device connected to wifi and 2 lan ports in use. so no overheating in my case.
sorry to bother you again lol but can you plz check if WPA/WPA2-Enterprise security option is there under advanced wifi settings...
also what is the latest frimware date thank you again

I know about the emulator its in my OP too ,I wanted to make sure before ordering ,anyways someone from reddit responded and I got the response I was looking for ..

I bought it from Amazon as it had quicker delivery and cheaper price and yes I got the EU v2 its been working fine ...I've tested wan side bandwidth with iperf3 and PC as server I got 993mbps from it and on my phone 5g WiFi speed is showing as 433mbps

@D_Dey how do you run iperf3 to check speed test? I ran it locally getting 16 gbps on my Win10 PC (localhost) but that is not a valid scenario.

Ppl who have this router, what's the range of 5GhZ channel? I had an older version of this and the range of 5Ghz was around 5-8ft on a straight-line. With 1 wall apart, I used to get only 2Ghz speeds. I returned the product.
Another issue I found was that firmware was quite bad. Had to re-start couple of times if I was connected to 5Ghz band for a long period.

I bought it from Amazon as it had quicker delivery and cheaper price and yes I got the EU v2 its been working fine ...I've tested wan side bandwidth with iperf3 and PC as server I got 993mbps from it and on my phone 5g WiFi speed is showing as 433mbps
What is the installation method for C6? Do you have to open the router or a flash from the firmware upgrade page is enough? I tried searching openwrt forum but i am unable to find anything about archer c6

I have not flashed it with openwrt yet but in openwrt tech data page it lists that it supports all installation methods including oem GUI firmware upload page and users have reported successful flash to openwrt via that method...so you download the GUI firmware of openwrt and upload in firmware upgrade page and you will have openwrt in the next reboot...
Tech data page link

So i purchased this router from Amazon. Thankfully, the revision was V2 EU. I realized that only snapshot builds are available for this router so decided to flash a 19.07 snapshot i found on openwrt forums with LuCi included. Everything went smoothly and looks to be working great so far. For the price (frequently discounted to Rs 2300 on amazon), i think this is the cheapest gigabit router with openwrt support. Would totally recommend unless you plan to use it with a 1gig internet connection in which case, i don't think the CPU will be enough to handle stuff like SQM.
Edit: I forgot to add that GUI installation does not seem to work according to other users so you need to install using TFTP method.