Want to buy iPad for watching movies - will it be good ?

It depends, I adjust the aspect ratio when watching on laptop too. Yes, you can add subtitles. Name the video and subtitle file same and VLC will automatically associate both of them.

^changing aspect , u mean stretching the video on screen ? will it spoil the fun ? vlc supports sub files ?
VLC player actually downloads subs directly. Its saving me tons of times searching for subs.

Yes, you'll get black borders but ipad honestly is the best option in ios and mi pad in android. My dad uses 10 inch ipad 2gen (yes) and its perfect for watching movies even with low ppi screen

VLC player actually downloads subs directly. Its saving me tons of times searching for subs.

Yes, you'll get black borders but ipad honestly is the best option in ios and mi pad in android. My dad uses 10 inch ipad 2gen (yes) and its perfect for watching movies even with low ppi screen

screen is good , i was worried about the aspect ratio and reviewers suggesting that ipad is not the best option for movies because of its squarish screens , borders on top and bottom should be fine but read somewhere the borders will be on the sides !!

It depends on video resolution but all the videos from youtube and other torrents will have black bars on top and bottom.

If you're that much concerned, just take a trip to Apple store and see them in real life. you'll make a much better decision then.

There are black bars even in nexus 7. It depends on resolution of video being played

when i had chance to use ipads , i thought who would buy this dumbshit but when i want to buy one now cant find one to test wat am looking for :banghead:

apples stores are only in cities

and i will be playing mostly 720p videos