Want to buy iPad for watching movies - will it be good ?

MediaFire

Twisted
Regulars
Thinking of buying ipad mini for watching movies , going to buy a used one

the screen aspect ratio is raising concerns , should i be really worried about ?

or should i chose some other tablet ?

dantool

Regular
Regulars
if only for watching movies, buying mi pad rather than ipad makes a lot more sense since they have almost identical resolution.

MediaFire

Twisted
Regulars
mi pad too has the same 4:3 ratio , thats why this concern
over searching found discussions that ipad or any tablet with 4:3 ratio is squarish and not good for watching movies

MediaFire

Twisted
Regulars
importing is an headache

i have fixed a budget between 15-20k , including the used ipad
if this 4:3 ratio are not fit for watching movies , then need to buy some old version samsung tabs with 16:9 /10 ratios

Citrus

Regulars
On top and bottom. You can change aspect ratio with VLC for iPad however. Go for one, it's an amazing device. You'll find yourself doing much more than just watching movies on your iPad.

Citrus

Regulars
It depends, I adjust the aspect ratio when watching on laptop too. Yes, you can add subtitles. Name the video and subtitle file same and VLC will automatically associate both of them.

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
Regulars
^changing aspect , u mean stretching the video on screen ? will it spoil the fun ? vlc supports sub files ?
VLC player actually downloads subs directly. Its saving me tons of times searching for subs.

Yes, you'll get black borders but ipad honestly is the best option in ios and mi pad in android. My dad uses 10 inch ipad 2gen (yes) and its perfect for watching movies even with low ppi screen