Want to buy ANDROID phone in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter Naya Jivan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 9,476
I think if you compare Fit & Ace, Ace has a larger resolution & an overclocked processor which I am not sure if it would make a difference worth spending 4-5k for. If you are willing to spend even more I would suggest skip Ace & go for Galaxy SL @ 19k

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Otherwise Fit @ 10-11K is good.. But then again it is almost same as LG Optimus One, which will get the 2.3 upgrade. Also we have had many users who have given decent feedback for the Optimus One , but hardly any feedback received for Ace.

Actually I saw a comparison between top 5 phones under 15K budget and Samsung fit according to them feels a bit cheap, I agree to them to an extent as it's design is somewhat common, but, price indeed is playing an important factor here. Ace amuses me more lol it looks nice in hands.

One of my friend bought Samsung Galaxy Fit a couple of days back. Now let me tell you that the only difference between the Galaxy Fit and my LG Optimus One is the camera. Galaxy Fit has got a 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus camera. And Optimus One has got 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus camera. But I couldn't spot any major difference between the quality of the snaps that we shoot with both the cameras. The video recording for Galaxy Fit is QVGA@15fps but for Optimus one is VGA@18fps. Other than the camera, the built quality of Galaxy Fit is not that good as compared to the LG Optimus One. Galaxy Fit is far more laggy as compared to the Optimus One. And with the latest update of Optimus one with Android 2.2.2, Released on April 1st, the phone feels superb. It dosen't feel laggy at all and the call quality feels better that before.Can't comment about Galaxy Ace as I haven't got my hands on it. And also couldn't find good reviews about the phone online.My advise to you is if you are looking for a mid range Android phone, Go for LG Optimus One. It is all set to get the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on May 1st week, announced by LG. As per Samsung is concerned, there is no official news of Android 2.3 update for any of their mid range Android phones. Be it Ace or Fit or Galaxy 3.

Ultimately, made a Decision !LG Optimus One P500 ! ! ! !Purchased it today evening....Got the phone for Rs. 9.8k......So, still trying to learn the basics to get used to it...I am not able to start the internet...How to transfer my phone list and other data to the new phone ? regards

Actually I saw a comparison between top 5 phones under 15K budget and Samsung fit according to them feels a bit cheap, I agree to them to an extent as it's design is somewhat common, but, price indeed is playing an important factor here. Ace amuses me more lol it looks nice in hands.

LG O1 and ace both have same processor but ace its over clocked to 800 ghz ..

so if you want 5 mp camera and big screen (though resolution is same) go for ace 14-15 k .. else O1 is better VMF and u save 4-5k also which is not small amount ..

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

9.8 k .. great deal .. which place is this ...

which is your current mobile ???

Great Congrats.. 9.8K is even better for the phone.... Internet are you trying using Wi-fi or GPRS/3G ... Also for transferring data people may be able to help better if you tell which is your original phone (Suspect need to transfer to Memory Card/SIM & move from there)

i wont recommend a cheap samsung android phone... i have samsung's "top of the line", expensive Galaxy s which is good spec wise.. but their touch wiz skin is bad.. the phone lags a lot (at times with just one app open), applications force close and there are plenty of other software problems.. i can just go on and on... trust me.... buy anything else..on a side note.. i think android is a very heavy demanding OS... like to make things work on it smoothly you will need dual core processors, 1 GB RAM...i feel you have seen various apps and things about android on these high end phones and decided to buy a cheap android phone as per your budget...i don't think the cheap underpowered phones do any justice to android and they will have problems when it comes to software updates..

thanks...

Indraprashta market at Borivali, Mumbai !

had to bargin...but I got it... with Bill and including taxes !

Old phone is SamsungE250..

LG O1 and ace both have same processor but ace its over clocked to 800 ghz ..

so if you want 5 mp camera and big screen (though resolution is same) go for ace 14-15 k .. else O1 is better VMF and u save 4-5k also which is not small amount ..

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

9.8 k .. great deal .. which place is this ...

which is your current mobile ???

I checked with atleast 6 to 7 shops...

and had to bargain....

but I think the price of O1 will be falling further...

on flipkart they showed it for 10.3k ... so thats definitely great deal ..

samsung .. there were few links for transfer from Nokia .. samsung need to search ...

Big Bazaar is selling O1 for rupees 11.100...

whew...

on flipkart they showed it for 10.3k ... so thats definitely great deal ..

samsung .. there were few links for transfer from Nokia .. samsung need to search ...

For transferring phone contacts from Samsung mobiles to SIM - Generally you need to go to Phonebook & options & Copy to SIM will be there. And for other data like Photos - connecting to PC & using it as a USB Disk & transferring to PC & from there to Android may be the way to go - I am not sure about other stuff 🙁

tried copying to SIM..but it has 250 capacity...and I have about 960 contacts...

tried bluetooth also but it is not working with laptop..

For transferring phone contacts from Samsung mobiles to SIM - Generally you need to go to Phonebook & options & Copy to SIM will be there. And for other data like Photos - connecting to PC & using it as a USB Disk & transferring to PC & from there to Android may be the way to go - I am not sure about other stuff 🙁

Offtopic : Nirvanaforever & Anuj are having very similar Display Pictures - so got confused for a minute that someone is recommending Samsung in one post & asking to avoid a few minutes later 😀

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Back to topic : did you get any CD with Samsung - Like PC Suite