LordSpymaster

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ISP
Jiofiber 150 Mbps
Ex: Airtel vFiber 24 Mbps
Title.
Requirements:
  • 40 Inch
  • Smart not necessary (have a chromecast)
  • Full HD needed (no HD ready or 4K or 3D)
  • 3+ HDMI ports & 2 USB ports minimum
  • LED or better
  • Will be used for Tata Sky HD for now & PS4 next year onwards
  • Sony/Samsung preferred but can look at others too.
  • Might be an offline purchase.
  • Anything else I should add?

3+ Hdmi ports? then you have no choice of going for smart UHD or smart FHD tv, Non smart FHD televisions do not have more than 2 hdmi ports. You may find 3+ hdmi ports on middy and local brands like MMX, Vu, Philips etc

Upvote 0
My 4 year old Sony (32 inch) which went bad has 4 HDMI ports. Have they stopped making stuff like this?

Upvote 0
Vu budget range only has 2 HDMI ports. There are third party accessories available in market that can increase the number of HDMI ports but it means another remote control lol.

Upvote 0
This all seems backward.

I guess I may have to stick to 2 HDMI ports for now.

Anything else I should know?

Upvote 0
Sony has better PQ then Samsung but it's costlier. Samsung is better then the rest of the lot otherwise. Been using Samsung 40 incher fit last few years. So far so good. Another advantage of Samsung/Sony is that you don't need additional external speakers.

Upvote 0
I have both Sony & Samsung at home & yes Sony has better PQ.
OTOH I've seen Samsung play almost any type of video file, whereas Sony is limited (although I usually stream via Chromecast & don't play on the TV itself).

Speaker wise I've found Samsung to be better, but mine was more expensive than the Sony one (better speakers?). If the money spent is same, which speaker set should be better?

Also, how can I ensure the best compatibility to a future sound bar/Home theatre system that I plan on getting?

Upvote 0
latest range of Sony tv's can play almost all formats. to be doubly sure, make sure that you take usb with the preferred format video with you to test on tv.

as far as audio goes, the best audio output/input is being delivered by HDMI only. you can look for optical sound output in addition.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

Read about Optical v/s HDMI for sound, HDMI seems better.

So may need more than 2 ports now.

Upvote 0