• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 156
  • Views Views 13,920

Sai

ISP
Tata
Wahl 9243-4724 Home Cut Complete Hair Cutting Clipper

So I don't want to visit our local Barbour for next 1-2 years due to this crisis and need a trimmer+shaver to look decent ASAP😂. Which one do you folks recommend?.

What are the parameters should I be looking at while buying a trimmer+shaver?. Anyone have prior experience with Beard, Body & Head Trimmer ?.

If the experience turns good, I might stop visiting Barbour forever!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had expected something like this.

Upvote 0
I received the item. And got ten combs .. but there are two "right combs" which means there is one comb missing. But dont know which one. It is no. 1 comb missing, hopefully it wont be required.

Also what is the purpose of that level thing which pushes the blade up and down? Should I keep up? Or should I keep down? i.e. blade tips almost aligned OR one blade tip lower that other?

Upvote 0
I kept it at the minimum that is lever pointing to the top part of the clipper & used the combs for getting the right length for my hair. You are lucky to get it, after you some of my friends who were dragging their feet tried but its not available on any ecommerce site. They are stuck with more expensive options or unkown brands most of which are relabeled Chinese goods. Those in Mumbai can try their luck by calling their office & enquiring about its availability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got the haircut!!

First I used number 6 comb for whole head.

Then used number 5 comb for back head hair.

Looks good and feels good! Especially because I had a fear that blades may create accidental bald spots!! But no such thing happened!

Upvote 0
Screenshot_20200610-160324~2.png

Check this out: Wahl 9243-4724 Home Cut Complete Hair Cutting Clipper Wahl

Wahl 9243-4724 Home Cut Complete Hair Cutting Clipper: Amazon.in: Health & Personal Care

Making hay while the sun shines 😡

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
As per my calculation - the clipper is worth if I can have 30 haircuts in total. So 15 for my dad and 15 for me. And thats when I would recover money.

Which means it should last atleast 3 years! Lets see!! 😀

Upvote 0
Mine was 70 till last Dec. From Jan this year it became 100. He is on a arterial road. Heard it may go up to 150 or 200 now. Joker was open yesterday though they are officially not to open for business.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
70Rs/person...2 persons.... haircut once in 2 months.

So 840Rs per year.

Cost of clipper 1600Rs... so 2 years to recover.. but considering interest, I would say 3 years

Upvote 0
At 100 per hair cut
Fr 2 ppl 200

Haircut every month for 2 ppl
100x24=2400 in a yr

Haircut after 1.5 months for 2 ppl
8 haircuts for 1 person
16 for 2 person
16x100=1600 in a yr

If you use it more often as you have it at home then recovery will be faster. And that's using pre lockdown prices

Upvote 0
I never expected #Flipkart & it's seller #RetailNet to become profiteers. RetailNet sells this Wahl clipper (Wahl 9243-4724) in Mumbai for 1849/- but when it offers the same product for less like 1695/- today it's not available for Mumbai pincodes. #Amazon when it has stock has consistently sold it for 1695/-.

Upvote 0