Want to bridge their router

Airtel slows down(browsing) at peak hours, 9-11 night, 12-5 afternoon.

that's the reason I want to shift to other isps.

But Excitel is already defamed a lot then why you're going for it?

50+ city users are on Airtel Lucknow Gateway, hell lot of traffic coming in. How can we expect 50+ cities and villages at its peak usage be handled by single gateway. This is too much.

@havoc Airtel in barabanki has the same lucknow gateway which airtel in faizabad has. I dont think performance will be any better if I take airtel in barabanki again. City is full of Isps- Excitel, Railwire, Bsnl, Tachyon, Sikka, Renu broadband and JIO. And local isps are there also. Excitel looks better in comparison to all other isps here, so thinking to go with it.

Try it if you want to test it. Do share details when you get it installed 😁

According to Excitel in Mumbai, they don't allow Dumb ONU anymore. This is what actually raged me more than anything.
Since on their app, the dumb ONU cost was 1000INR. Their installation is the standard of what most local ISPs do, as they are technically managed by a local ISP other than that I never experienced slow downs on Airtel at the timings you mentioned above.

Yes @Lolita_Magnum Mumbai is their new launch and special case. They take 2000₹ deposit for ONU which they have stopped taking elsewhere. Also plans are slightly different as well as their terms & CC + routing too. BTW I can't forget how they've messed up in other cities including mine since Mumbai launch 😂

That's why it's happening. Now talking about why they're doing it because I think they expect many many customers from Mumbai (can you tell me are people taking excitel in Mumbai or not?) And they can have 2000₹ reserved from them until they disconnect the connection which will bring cash flow to the company which is better for them as they've already invested multi crores (38 to be exact) in Mumbai. So that's the way how it's working. Maybe after few months or next year they'll Remove the deposit thing. Mumbai is quite a big market from them.

They have advertisements in a lot of places, but Mumbai has mostly been a place where big ISP players divide places and have their own small monopoly and the small ISPs squeeze in through over a very small proportion. My complex is approx. a 1x0.5km rectangle and 70-80% of customers do and prefer using JioFiber here, thanks to that you won't see any JioFiber ads and they are slowly capturing even more seeing how these blue T-shirt jio fiber guys are always busy carrying around equipment.
TBH, the biggest attraction for customers to JioFiber would be the inclusion of STB + OTT + Broadband combo, all at a good price.
Interestingly the high-speed plans for a low price have never been an attraction for me, I'd rather pay more if the connection is actually good even if it's slower than the competition. I was paying ~6K for 6 months on I-ON and they only gave me an 80Mbps connection.