Want to bridge their router

ISP
Excitel
Hey guys. I recently upgraded to excitel fiber. They added a router between fibre and my router. Currently which is handling everything and my router is in DHCP through its lan port.

I want to bridge this router and handle everything on my router. The setting on it is greyed out.

I did as much research as I could. Changing the values with inspect element or with config file. It changes to bridge but i am not able to authenticate.

Any idea or a guide i can follow?

Thanks for the help

No, you can't, I repeat you absolutely can not. I banged my head with all the tiers of the technical teams and even their regional technical teams, it's in their guidelines to not allow customers to do such things.
The bridge mode option is just a placeholder.

Words of excitel team, "Your internet will be hacked without us and we will not know what is happening in your house.".

If your LCO don't help, you can apply for disconnection and ask them to change the router to onu without wifi. Downgrading to non-wifi onu is a difficult task here in Delhi, better thing is when you take new excitel connection just ask the sales person to provide the onu without wifi and in case he refuses, don't take connection. The sales person can arrange non-wifi onu for getting his incentive and one sale, if you insists on non-wifi onu.

I see many Excitel fanboys here. But my reasons for not opting Excitel are:

1. Cannot do Bridge mode
2. No IPv6 deployment
3. Questionable routing at times.

If you want to access home network devices, you can only do so with third party Wireguard apps like Zero Tier or Tailscale.

No, you can't, I repeat you absolutely can not. I banged my head with all the tiers of the technical teams and even their regional technical teams, it's in their guidelines to not allow customers to do such things.
The bridge mode option is just a placeholder.

Words of excitel team, "Your internet will be hacked without us and we will not know what is happening in your house.".
Hahaha hacked. That's nice!
Well i spoke to the local provider person and he seemed to be technically sound. Asked me to raise a ticket with customer support to ditch the router and get me an ONU. Only then can he replace with onu. And said once that's done pppoe can be handled from my router and everything would work from there. Let's see about that.

Could you please explain what do you mean by dns hijacking? I am not sure if I understand you properly.

Also this local person said the trai is not allowing any more static ips for home networks. Even if u am ready to pay extra. Don't know if that's true. Seems like Airtel is providing reading on this forum. Maybe ipv6 would overcome this. Does Airtel have ipv6?

I want to access my windows machine remotely ultimately. Any idea if port forwarding works on excitel? Do they (excitel) forward ports to my network?

Turn off any VPN/WARP or secured/PRIVATE DNS you are using and head to, DNS leak test. if it says excitel then you are getting DNS Hijacking, which means they will intercept your DNS query instead of the intended server, kind of like Man-In-the middle attack.

All IPs received on excitel network are Local IPs, starting in the 10.XX range. You can't port forward these, technically it's possible if the excitel teams do it on their side but they won't. No one does except Jio and the trai thing he is saying is utter trash, but technically we have globally exhausted ipv4s.
Airtel has ipv6 support but has not been implemented 100% so you might need to ask your provider first if its' supported in your region, judging by your location ie Hyderabad it is possible.

@tatyasky not a fanboy here. Just was on their plan and wanted to upgrade. They had a much better deal than Airtel so went with it. And it seems that was a mistake lol.
Does Airtel have ipv6? Do they give static ips? Do they allow port forwards? I just want to access my PC remotely. That's my requirement ultimately

@Lolita_Magnum ah! Get it now. That's what I understood when you said initially. Just wanted to be sure i understand you correctly. Never heard the term DNS hijacking. Knew this by the term DNS redirecting. Which by word sound a bit more general 🤣. Thanks for the info.

True we did exhaust. About the trai might be trash. I've asked other network engineers etc here that i know personally. They said trai thing might be true for ISPs. But that they never heard so. They also said Amazon has reserved most of the IPs in india and maybe even elsewhere.

Will need to find about Airtel implementing ipv6. But the first point of contact is always the sales person who has no idea what we ask. They say yes they do they have for everything i ask just to get surprises and terms later on. Any idea what would be the best way to find this out?

@tatyasky not a fanboy here. Just was on their plan and wanted to upgrade. They had a much better deal than Airtel so went with it. And it seems that was a mistake lol.
Does Airtel have ipv6? Do they give static ips? Do they allow port forwards? I just want to access my PC remotely. That's my requirement ultimately
Airtel, Jio and Tata Play all three provide IPv6.

Jio and Tata Play provide static IPv6. Airtel’s IPv6 is dynamic. Atleast at my friend’s place so it’s useless.
Jio also does port forwarding for CCTV. The trick is to get them forward ports for you under pretext of CCTV, later, you can repurpose them for remote desktop too.

With excitel, your only option is to install Tailscale on all PCs and mobiles. Then you can access your PCs by their Tailscale LAN IP. You can even transfer files using Taildrop.

But Jio IPv6 is static until you reboot, right? It does change up a bit after a reboot (mostly it does but not always, anyways in most of the cases it does).