Want fast and good help in Linux? Then please keep this in mind

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnluser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 11,960
not the service....Just the Home page....

It is my experience as well that quite a few "finance-related" sites don't function well with any browser other than IE and therefore use of MS Windows is compulsory.

My personal experience is with the mutual fund site of ICICI Prudential which requires not just IE but active X as well. The mutual fund site of HDFC works fine with any browser.

I understand from a friend that SBI online is also unfriendly. So are several sites belonging to the Government of India.

There are also corporate sites that malfunction. Where possible, we should complain loudly and often!

The other menace is this whole dot net business which is MS' way to restrict access to cloud computing as well.

luckily for me my credit card, banking etc sites work on linux/firefox/chrome etc... if you have website specifically asking for IE then you can install plugins/addons for Firefox to spoof the "user agent" to send IE as the agent to the website so it thinks you are browsing with IE... but use at your own risk.... who knows if a bug in FF or the banking website causes you to empty all your deposits 😛

well there is no alternative of activex if a web based service use that. 😀

I would have thought that with mobile computing gaining ground, corporates and others would want to be more accessible rather than limiting their access but apparently ...

not yet in india.a couple of banks have mobile sites but they are usually limited in nature with little usability.

well there is no alternative of activex if a web based service use that. 😀

I am a full time linux user, the same problem of some on-line payment sites are not properly working with firefox (including in Windows). I am also forced to use IE using wine so that to avoid the problem of activex.

It would be nice if we have a list of good, bad, and ugly sites that are of day-to-day utility such as banks, payment gateways, etc., in term of their being agnostic towards operating systems / platforms and browsers.

Anyway, here's something that maybe worth a read:
A Tech-tonic Decade?

what is A tech tonic decade.........?

That was the title of the page for which the link is given. After reading your post, I went back and found the title is now
"Consolidation of Technologies"!!!