• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 14,474
Status
Not open for further replies.

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
I am currently a user of reliance netconnect. I have a 10GB night & 3 GB day plan. I get an avg speed of 40-50 kbps. In the night, it is worse. I'm sick of slow speed of reliance, and want to get a wired internet connection. I live in Thane west, brahmand area. I want an isp which could give 2-4mbps at least (but comforms to its promise). My monthly usage would be around 20 GB. And bugdet would be about 800-100 bucks. I'm confused between MTNL and 5Net. There's also 1&1broadband, available in my area. i want to know about 5Net & MTNL, its speed consistency, downtime and disconnections. I've never used wired internet before, so, pls help me out with this. And, one more thing, I dont know anything about DC++? I heard 5Net offers it. It would be really helpful if you tell me about all of this?

I am a 1&1 subscriber. I would certainly recommend them to you.
http://www.1and1broadband.com/

sarkar007 said:
I am a 1&1 subscriber. I would certainly recommend them to you.
http://www.1and1broadband.com/
How is the speed consistency and downtime of 1&1. My area is prone to frequent power cuts (of very short duration). So, can it effect disconnections ? Sorry, I haven't ever used wired internet. I don't know about these things.

varun120 said:
I am currently a user of reliance netconnect. I have a 10GB night & 3 GB day plan. I get an avg speed of 40-50 kbps. In the night, it is worse. I'm sick of slow speed of reliance, and want to get a wired internet connection. I live in Thane west, brahmand area. I want an isp which could give 2-4mbps at least (but comforms to its promise). My monthly usage would be around 20 GB. And bugdet would be about 800-100 bucks. I'm confused between MTNL and 5Net. There's also 1&1broadband, available in my area. i want to know about 5Net & MTNL, its speed consistency, downtime and disconnections. I've never used wired internet before, so, pls help me out with this. And, one more thing, I dont know anything about DC++? I heard 5Net offers it. It would be really helpful if you tell me about all of this?

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

varun120 said:
How is the speed consistency and downtime of 1&1. My area is prone to frequent power cuts (of very short duration). So, can it effect disconnections ? Sorry, I haven't ever used wired internet. I don't know about these things.
You will get the promised speeds, no issues. Plus there isnt any FUP. If there are power cuts in your area obviously you will lose connectivity. Not only that, even if you have power but if some area through which your cable passes loses power, you will lose your connectivity. But this is true everywhere, not limited to 1&1.
Also, if you subscribe for a year you will get huge discount.

sarkar007 said:
You will get the promised speeds, no issues. Plus there isnt any FUP. If there are power cuts in your area obviously you will lose connectivity. Not only that, even if you have power but if some area through which your cable passes loses power, you will lose your connectivity. But this is true everywhere, not limited to 1&1.
Also, if you subscribe for a year you will get huge discount.
I think the local cable guy provides both 1&1 and 5net. The cable guy (SScable) provides both Incable & ss cable connection. His cable service has no signal at least 3-4 times a day, and that too for a long time. If such is the quality of his cable connection, it could be worse in case of internet. If there is a power cut even for a minute, it takes at least 15-20 minutes for the cable service to come. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1&1 is also provided by Local cable wala, isn't it? And it is same for the 5Net. Do you have any experience with MTNL broadband?

varun120 said:

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,

RCOMcare

varun120 said:
I think the local cable guy provides both 1&1 and 5net. The cable guy (SScable) provides both Incable & ss cable connection. His cable service has no signal at least 3-4 times a day, and that too for a long time. If such is the quality of his cable connection, it could be worse in case of internet. If there is a power cut even for a minute, it takes at least 15-20 minutes for the cable service to come. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1&1 is also provided by Local cable wala, isn't it? And it is same for the 5Net. Do you have any experience with MTNL broadband?
1&1 directly provides their connection, They may have some agreement with local cablewallahs in some areas but my connection is directly from them. You will have to find out from them directly what is their status in Brahmand.

Mates, how is the performance of 5Net & MTNL? Which is better? I'll seriously have to think about 1&1 as well.

sarkar007 said:
1&1 directly provides their connection, They may have some agreement with local cablewallahs in some areas but my connection is directly from them. You will have to find out from them directly what is their status in Brahmand.
Where in thane do you stay mate?

I stay in Naupada area. AFAIK 1&1 network covers Brahmand. Give them a call and find out.

Youtube Experience is suuuperb with 1 & 1 broadband(HNS)...u can watch 720p and 1080p youtube videos without buffering as if watching after dlding in ur pc

Hi , sorry pitching in , I have a similar problem I stay in brahmandh and I need a broadband cable with 2 Mbps speed for me say10 gb is fine presently using MTNL ... It's a government body so .... They ensure it works during office hours , actually they have a great staff , quick responsive but I really don't know why do they have such a poor uptime and most of the time either I don't get speed or disconnected for hours . I wanted to know if you know someone who can provide me with a landline cum net connection as a package in our area , my brother in thane vastant vihar has airtel and trust me the speed is awesome there is practically no lag it just zooms . Is airtel or Docomo possible in brahmandh area landline cum internet package .pls suggest .need team support from this forum .

Status
Not open for further replies.